SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Cell phone while driving. Please stop it already.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cell phone while driving. Please stop it already. Login/Join 
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
What? They pass a law and people are still doing bad things? You don’t say?!

I compare it to drink driving...until society is unaccepting of it, it will continue...

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
quote:
My daughter lives in GA. She said GA recently changed their law and you can't have a cell phone in your hands while driving. Everything must be hands free.

TN just passed that law but it has made things worse. People are now holding the phone below eye level & looking down.

They do the same thing here. One hand in the lap and eyes looking in the lap is super obvious, but I guess they think they're being clever or something.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR:

My daughter lives in GA. She said GA recently changed their law and you can't have a cell phone in your hands while driving. Everything must be hands free.

GA members, please step in and let me know if my understanding of GA law is correct.

Yup, The hands-free law has been enforced for about six months now after a grace period. Eventually I put UConnect in both of my trucks. Thought it would be expensive and time consuming (then I considered the cost of getting a ticket). Turns out it set me back $23 from a junkyard and about three hours for each one.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Every county should have a few of these:

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
There’s a spot by me where you come up a hill and suddenly Mt Rainer appears. It’s also where I make a left turn to get home.
There have been several times where oncoming cars have swerved into my turn lane. The idiots were staring through their phones trying to get a photo!

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Yes. I see it here all the time. Rt.234 is high traffic, 55mph speed limit. Traffic routinely runs at speed approaching 70. Perhaps as many as 50% of the cars are driven by people with their faces stuck in a smart phone!

I guess our education system never taught them about physics, and how much distance it takes to stop a 3000 lb vehicle, not even counting reaction time. I keep waiting for the massive pile up of cars. Lane changes without signals (or in more than a few cases without even looking to see if the lane they are swerving into is already occupied!

I follow the old guideline about distance between cars, and it never fails! Assholes come screaming up, whipping in and out of lanes, etc.

I have cars so close behind me that I cannot see their lights, or in some cases only see their faces through the windshields! I suggested to a local LEO that it would be a great source of revenue for the county if they did regular patrols on that stretch of road. And not only cars. 18 wheelers routinely speed, swerve across lanes, etc.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
I keep waiting for the massive pile up of cars.

Five years ago, just before my son was born, I was the fourth car in an eight car pileup on I5 South in Renton. Long story short, the three cars in front of me tapped each other and the lady behind me in the Toyota Highlander absolutely plowed into me without slowing down. Then there were three more hard impacts and I was praying with each one that it would be the last and that nothing big would hit us and crush me to death.

The WSP trooper that handled it faulted her for my portion of it because of the damage to our vehicles, and said "here's what happened: you stopped and she hit you and rammed you into the car ahead of you." Reading between the lines, basically, she wasn't watching the road and hit me at about 70 without slowing and lied to him and said she got rammed into me by the smaller car that rear-ended her. I was there when she said "no, I didn't hit him" and I actually exclaimed "are you shitting me? Look at your bumper, lady!" So he applied her story to me and made her eat it. Probably was playing with her phone. Destroyed both ends of my vehicle and the whole front end of her Highlander. She wanted to deny that she wasn't the one behind me, but there were only one silver, and one black vehicle in the chain and guess how the paint matched up? Lie to the police and they don't like it.

I have driven much more defensively since then, including watching what other drivers are paying attention to. It has served me reasonably well, but there's nowhere to go when you're at a stoplight and some idiot wants to check Instagram.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
This is a true epidemic here in the Huntsville/Madison area of Alabama, and just about everywhere else I tend to go! Doesn't matter that it's illegal locally... people do it anyway by keeping their phones down in their lap (which just worsens the problem since they have to look further down)! Grrrr...

I've had so many close calls because of these idiots that I'd LOVE to be able to shoot them... but of course I can't, so I just have to be super vigilant about other drivers. Frown

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4550 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
You can always tell by the telltale head bobbing even if they are managing not to drive all over the place or 15 mph under the speed limit.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Waiting on this to hit still.

https://www.geek.com/geek-cete...-bit-stupid-1544095/

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post