SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Some people are super stupi... Drink responsibly!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some people are super stupi... Drink responsibly! Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted
Don't know if anyone had seen this one yet, but just when I thought I've read everything, this dumb shit tops the list for the year.

Roll Eyes

A drunk driver caused half a million dollars worth of damage after crashing into a military helicopter that flew in Vietnam and Desert Storm and was later used by a veteran's charity, according to police.

South Carolina Highway Patrol tweeted footage of the Cobra Attack helicopter after the motorist hit the aircraft, named Annie, which had been left in a parking lot in Columbia.

The crash happened in the early hours of December 14. The driver, named as Thomas Andrew Anderson, 37, of Harrisburg, North Carolina, was arrested for DUI. There were no injuries.

He 'thought he was on the expressway by the airport when they were really in a parking area', according to Trooper David. Anderson is said to have told police that he 'consumed way too much alcohol'.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
No excuse for the DUI, but why was a helicopter in a car parking lot..?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

Seemed like a good idea at the time?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

Because VSTOL. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
The aircraft had been on display in front of the office building at the Columbia Metropolitan Airport and is used by the Celebration Freedom Foundation (CFF), a charity started by retired military leaders in 1999, the helicopter had been seen 100,000 students in visits to 150 local schools since 2014.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Well dude's got a bar story to tell for the rest of his life, as well as a lifetime restitution payment.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably has that state minimum insurance. I don't know what it is there, but its like 15k here. WTF is 15k going to cover? That doesn't cover the cost of 50% of the cars on the road.

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Even with good insurance, that bill could exceed the limits if that was a flight-worthy example.

Posts: 9507 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Must have been the stealth part that confused him.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
"I hit a what......."

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post