SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Single ..Liberal...women! UPDATE Website warning page3
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Single ..Liberal...women! UPDATE Website warning page3 Login/Join 
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:

My response to this would be, "How do you know you can trust me to change you back again?" Wink

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
There's even dating sites for gun nuts like you! Big Grin

www.ProGunDating.com

https://concealedcarrymatch.com/

First, I appreciate the links and the intent.

That said, I have tried to either sign up, or use these websites. The websites have been nothing but trouble to sign up, or load info. I've learned that most specialty name websites are run by only a few corporate owners, some which are not in this country. The websites are often barely function, or fail after several tries. Customer service sucks if you attempt to use them to help. I would give both 2 thumbs down.

In the past I've also learned that a huge portion of profiles are not active. It's a well kept secret that they are left up to give the illusion of ample choices. Last year after hiding profile, deleting, and cancelling membership, a friend was able to prove to me that my profile was still visible to her. After trial and error, IMO at this age stay away from all of them.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 1990 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Yeah, they seemed a bit poorly put together. At least they tried lol.

Not speaking with any experience at all, I bet farmersonly.com would be your best bet!

There's ALWAYS Tinder though!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by preten2b:
Widowed just a few years back, and have known that I do not wish to be alone. The dating sites have been a disaster, and IMO there are several reasons like the age group (57-62), location (out in the country), and though debt-free I'm not George Clooney or his money.

To my keyboard comrades... I swear to you all tonight, there is no worse than dating a woman who is a Liberal thinker (yea, I know an oxymoron). Some don't profess it, but when it finally comes out you will know the social values are different, the tolerance is one way, and if conservative you get zero credit for being responsible, being in shape, or a good guy, will count for anything at all when you get judged from the left. And you will be judged!

There, I feel better, rant off Roll Eyes

Same boat here. Grannies or crazies ..... Not into either. I've decided to Marry my guns and boat. I buy them gifts often !
( What goes on behind closed doors is nobodies business ! Lol )

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Farmersonly.com is owned by a German company, as is Jdate, Elitesingles, christainmingles, ect. Would not surprise me if just 2 companies owned every title. Why most of them just don't function at the same level as the rest of the internet is an unpleasant mystery to me.

Match site works the best, however I no longer recommend that either. Got hacked twice there.

Just. Don't.

(edit) found this. These 2 companies own all the websites

If You Ever Found Love Online, You Have These Two Companies to Thank
Scott Steinhardt by Scott Steinhardt 2 years ago2 years ago

Online dating from a single-person’s perspective is mind-numbingly simple. Instead of waiting at the bar to hopefully meet someone nice, numerous dating apps and services will do the heavy lifting and find your perfect match. All you need to do is give them a flattering picture, answer a few questions about your personality, and voila! You’ll meet that special someone before you know it.

From a business point-of-view, however, it’s a goldmine. Sure, there are the “norms” out there looking for love the traditional way, but the millions who are single and/or ready to mingle will pony up their hard-earned cash for a subscription (or view a bunch of ads), all in the name of love.

When two major companies took notice of this business model, however, they changed online dating for good…by purchasing and creating as many dating sites as they could. Sure, love is nice and all, but when it’s publicly traded on the stock market and raking in some serious coin, everyone benefits!

You’ve probably heard of Tinder, OK Cupid, Chemistry.com, or Match.com. But did you know they were all owned by the same company?

InterActiveCorp ($IAC), a company that owns everything from CollegeHumor to About.com, also owns most popular online dating sites.

They also own and operate out of this weird Frank Gehry building in New York. What don’t they own?

As part of Match Group, IAC owns BlackPeopleMeet, Chemistry, HowAboutWe, Match, PlentyOfFish, Tinder, and several other dating apps.

The majority of these apps were acquired. PlentyOfFish, for instance, was bought last year for a whopping $575 million, and Tinder is valued in the billions.

IAC’s dating sites have been so profitable that Match Group trades as its own ticker symbol ($MTCH).
Match has been doing pretty well in the last several months on the market.

IAC isn’t the only dating conglomerate in town. While they specialize in broad dating apps that anyone can enjoy, Spark Networks owns the popular niche apps.

Everything from ChristianMingle.com to JSwipe is under the Spark umbrella.

If you’re looking for a really specific significant other, Spark’s got you covered.

While they also trade on the market (under the ticker symbol $LOV), they haven’t been doing as well.

Perhaps it’s because they’re not spending their time going after a more general audience like IAC.

But executives in Spark have faith in their company, and have been buying company stock in massive quantities.
StockTwits
StockTwits
After all, there’s no shortage of single people!

When your skeptical friend tells you that all dating sites are the same, know that they’re basically correct but for the wrong reasons. After all, finding love isn’t just part of life — it’s also a business!

------------------

Posts: 1990 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
^^^Thanks for posting. Interesting.

Maybe I should buy some stock in one of them. Don't see online dating going away, and any broad market down turns should affect them less because people look for love no matter what, even in bad times.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Website warning!!
Day 4 of trying to get pictures posted on progundating.com . It has not worked, phone number is a catch22 which says you must write customer service. Customer service gives canned response to update browser. I checked, and I'm up to date.

As a business I feel it has badly misrepresented itself. A dating website where you cannot post pictures is non-starter. I will have to try to use CC company to dispute charge. I've been gyped, don't follow me and my money off the cliff!! Mad Mad

------------------

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
If I lost my wife I'm almost certain I'd spend the rest of my days alone--except for the cats.

I'd rather be "that crazy cat guy" in the neighbourhood than even remotely consider the dating scene.

That goes doubly for on-line dating.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by preten2b:
Website warning!!
Day 4 of trying to get pictures posted on progundating.com . It has not worked, phone number is a catch22 which says you must write customer service. Customer service gives canned response to update browser. I checked, and I'm up to date.

As a business I feel it has badly misrepresented itself. A dating website where you cannot post pictures is non-starter. I will have to try to use CC company to dispute charge. I've been gyped, don't follow me and my money off the cliff!! Mad Mad

Just sign up to one of the real websites......Match.....POF......Tinder.....Bumble......they all work like a soda machine.....

You put your money in.....press the button for the selection (woman) you really want, and it's out.....so you start pressing lots of buttons......and sooner or later a girl pops out for a date......but it's not the one you want!!!!!!!!!!! hehehehee

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watching "The Girls Next Door" (once), the Hugh Hefner show, made me grateful to not be married to a young beautiful total airhead. They looked great, but the grass was not as green as it appeared on that side of the fence. Wife of @38 years so much better than the best one of those. I don't know how Hefner tolerated it.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
I don't know how Hefner tolerated it.

Oh...I do. Big Grin

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
This seems applicable to repeat again.

The video version:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="393" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vwbKYcBdVyk" width="699"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

So funny!!!

Posts: 146 | Location: South Texas  | Registered: August 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post