SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Single ..Liberal...women! UPDATE Website warning page3
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Single ..Liberal...women! UPDATE Website warning page3 Login/Join 
No ethanol!
posted
Widowed just a few years back, and have known that I do not wish to be alone. The dating sites have been a disaster, and IMO there are several reasons like the age group (57-62), location (out in the country), and though debt-free I'm not George Clooney or his money.

To my keyboard comrades... I swear to you all tonight, there is no worse than dating a woman who is a Liberal thinker (yea, I know an oxymoron). Some don't profess it, but when it finally comes out you will know the social values are different, the tolerance is one way, and if conservative you get zero credit for being responsible, being in shape, or a good guy, will count for anything at all when you get judged from the left. And you will be judged!

There, I feel better, rant off Roll Eyes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: preten2b,

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 1990 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss.

Hang in there. You can't rush things...or you COULD end up with someone not suitable. Good luck!

Posts: 195 | Location: Smithfield, Utah | Registered: April 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to date quite often. I have stopped.
The women is my age group seem to be:
Divorced, often twice or more.
Facebook rules her life. And she gets a buttload of crazy (often over the top liberal) from it.
Her kid or kids? Losers. Dopers. Thugs. And living with her.
Her Ex or Exs? Alcoholic. Abuser. Cheater. Jailbird. And her kids keep her in contact with these losers.
Her Job? Dead end and drama ridden.
Her Car? Neglected and filthy, inside and out.
Her house or apartment? Messy, cluttered with dirty laundry scattered about
Her pets? Dirty, untrained and too many in number.
During the first date:
Tells you she does not need a man.
Asks you about your job, income and past romantic history.
Spends lots of time on her phone.
Goes into a lengthy tirade about her Ex.
Bottom line:
Dating is a minefield. Tread carefully. Burner phone is a great idea.
And for those of you in loving and supportive relationships, I envy and congratulate you!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I'm 52 years old, been married 3 times, and I've told my wife many times that if this one don't work out I'm done. Three strikes or third time's the charm, whichever applies.
I'm just fine alone, and if I need company I can always rent it LOL.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Don’t know how you do it. I hated dating when I was young but my turbo charged hormones required it. Now? Shit, gimme a couple dogs and a peaceful front porch if my wife checks out first.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
I'll add to the "list".

Yes, the alcoholic.
A few who don't need anyone who's not perfect.
Two who wanted an income to keep them in the manor they were accustomed, but cannot afford themselves.
One broke up the day after the Las Vegas shooting, just because I have firearms. Yes she did.
Some are looking for the guy who does not interfere with the rest of their schedule.
How about the one who admitted she only wanted a dinner date 1-2 times a month. I don't need another sister.

I just want to know where the red-blooded young at heart conservatives are?? So far this has seemed as though only the libs alone populate the dating sites.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 1990 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by preten2b:
So far this has seemed as though only the libs alone populate the dating sites.

Makes sense. They can’t get along with each other much less a conservative.

Posts: 3220 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow
I thought I was the only one.
I have been with mine for 21 years but we have had our break ups lasting from a month to over 2 years. During those break ups I attempted to date but it was an awful experience.

I know by this time everyone is broken one way or another but give me a break. It was more like an inquisition or a job interview.

During that time I was just merely going out with ladies just to go out and have female companionship. Nice and simple, nothing serious but just to have fun. Go grab a couple of beers, watch a game, relax. I mean how hard could that be?

Building a pyramid using only your hands would have been easier.

The investigator I relieve in the evening feels the same way. She just turned 50 and she stated the same things we have.

I told mine, that if we end up splitting up I am done. No more. I will get another dog or a pet rock.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muddflap:
quote:
So far this has seemed as though only the libs alone populate the dating sites.

Makes sense. They can’t get along with each other much less a conservative.

I've found this to be the case as well. I'm in the 25-35 bracket myself, but the experience is the same. I've found a girl that seems pretty great right now, but there were quite a few girls where I instantly knew it wasn't going anywhere from the moment we actually met. Along the way, I almost started keeping track of the no Trump supporters girls. It was never more apparent in my life the difference in tolerance between liberals and conservatives than internet dating. I bet there were 50 no Trump girls for every single girl that said they wouldn't date a liberal. The politics were split pretty evenly, but the conservative girls seem to be quite a bit more open minded about it at least.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agreed! Can't find any decent ones in my age group. They're all crazy. Burner phone is a great idea. My brother turned me on to them after his divorce. He has an old phone and got a freedom pop sim, which is free for texting and phone calls only.

He had three rules: Never use your real number, never bring them home so they don't know where you live, and never bring them to a family outing.

He also gave up dating in his age range (his age +/- 5 years). He used to date 3x-4x but said most were liberal nuts or just looking for someone to take care of their kids. He's got his own kids to take care of. He's been dating some girl (she's a girl to me since she's 28) for awhile and she buys him guns and stuff! He lucked out! She gets along with his kids, she has no kids and doesn't want any. She has no facebook, instacrap, etc. She's got a decent job. I asked him to clone her for the rest of us.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Suggest your first meet/date is at the gun range. Did this many times.

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
If, gods forfend, I was to find myself single at my age, there is no way in HELL I would start dating.

Hire someone to come in and swamp the place out a couple of times a month, eat out a little more often and call it good. Wouldn't even get a dog. In fact, get rid of ANYTHING that requires daily care and just take off when the urge strikes me.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was married once, for 6 years when I was young. Had two great kids and after that marriage broke up I just never found it easy to blend into another relationship without my kids losing all of my attention and responsibility to them. I was close a couple of times, but God takes care of fools and little children, so I quickly figured out which one I am. Smile
Once the kids were older and grown, I had a business to run that took me on the road frequently, it was just too hard to sustain relationships. Especially when a lot of women these days seem to need constant attention. To those of you with great companions, and I have many friends that fit that description, sometimes I envy you. But most times, not. Even the good ones are F%&$%$#ing crazy.

Posts: 212 | Location: Western PA | Registered: March 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I used to date quite often. I have stopped.
The women is my age group seem to be:
Divorced, often twice or more.
Facebook rules her life. And she gets a buttload of crazy (often over the top liberal) from it.
Her kid or kids? Losers. Dopers. Thugs. And living with her.
Her Ex or Exs? Alcoholic. Abuser. Cheater. Jailbird. And her kids keep her in contact with these losers.
Her Job? Dead end and drama ridden.
Her Car? Neglected and filthy, inside and out.
Her house or apartment? Messy, cluttered with dirty laundry scattered about
Her pets? Dirty, untrained and too many in number.
During the first date:
Tells you she does not need a man.
Asks you about your job, income and past romantic history.
Spends lots of time on her phone.
Goes into a lengthy tirade about her Ex.
Bottom line:
Dating is a minefield. Tread carefully. Burner phone is a great idea.
And for those of you in loving and supportive relationships, I envy and congratulate you!

I heard this from a friend of mine who was widowed. He said he had lots of prospects, but most were from the mold you described. I guess the stable women remain married and aren't looking.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Burner phone, hotels or meet at her place. Dont add them to any social media or make fake accounts. Have some fun with the crazies until you find one that is sane, it took me 5 years after my divorce to find one, she is a godsend for me.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
This seems applicable to repeat again.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I guess the stable women remain married and aren't looking.

It might sadden you to know that quite a few of them are looking too.

In my experience, the married women flirt far more than the single gals. I can't tell you how many married women I could have relations with were I that kind of guy (I'm not). It's quite depressing actually, and furthers my resolve to remain single.

I do love the company of a good woman from time to time, but I'll not waste any of my time or effort (or her's for that matter) on anyone who isn't perfect at this point. It's not worth it to me and perfect hasn't come along yet.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
This seems applicable to repeat again.

The video version:

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just want to know where the red-blooded young at heart conservatives are?? So far this has seemed as though only the libs alone populate the dating sites.

I guess I am really lucky. I met the girl of my dreams. She is extremely conservative. Shoots three gun. Makes the same amount of money that I do. Not a lot of crazy or drama. Owns not one, but two houses. And we talk about absolutely everything with no filter.

I am fortunate and blessed.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Ashley Madison

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post