SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    New rifle comes in tomorrow. Tweaked my shoulder last night. ARRRG.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New rifle comes in tomorrow. Tweaked my shoulder last night. ARRRG. Login/Join 
Caught in a loop
posted
I just dropped a ton of money on an ARC Nucleus G2 rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor. Been waiting all week for it - the last of my reloading equipment for it (bushings, dies, etc) should be here tomorrow as well. Been excited as hell for it.

Last night, while putting a server into a rack during a warranty swap at work, I appear to have angered my shoulder/back such that when I take a breath it hurts enough to at a minimum notice it. Now, I'm still going to go shooting Saturday/Sunday body be damned but I'm going to feel it more afterward.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
There is at least a slim chance firing the rifle will fix your shoulder.

I just got my first 6.5 Creedmoor too, the good news is it doesn't really recoil very much.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
I'm feeling a little better today so I'm going to do the denial thing and say I'm fine and go play with my new toy. We'll see how true that is.

On the plus side I just picked up the rifle and she's a beaut. Can't wait to start getting some loads worked up for it.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
You teaser, you: Where are the pictures? Wink

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47368 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
God gave you two shoulders.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
God gave you two shoulders.

And it really sucks when one is OTS.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
You teaser, you: Where are the pictures? Wink

I'm working on it. Was up till 3 last night putting together my first 50 handloads for it; still gotta mount the scope and level it.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Keep us posted, and hope your shoulder feels better. Smile

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47368 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54504 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
Well, the 50 or so rounds I shot yesterday didn't seem to hurt too bad. Kick isn't anywhere near what the 308 was. The gun isn't unbalanced or unweildy, but she's definitely got some gravity in 'er, that's for sure. That certainly helps a LOT.

100 yards, 5 shots

She's a solid shooter. Seems to REALLY like 40.4 grains of IMR 4451 under a Berger 140gr hybrid. Still need to adjust seating depth to magazine length (guy who's been helping me accidentally gave me a starting depth for what he uses for his 6.5x47 Lapua competition gun), and groups opened up a bit when the temp dropped like 20 degrees later in the day, so we're gonna do another round of trials with 40.4, 40.6, 40.8, and 41 grains of powder for next time.

It's like heroin.