SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Device Doctor; a new low
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Device Doctor; a new low Login/Join 
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted
So my IPhone screen didn't work so I thought the local Devicedoctor would be an idea place to take it for repairs. They said they would have a look and call me later in the week. Three weeks later I call them and ask what's up. They tell me the device is not repairable, so I said I would come and get it.

A different guy is there and hands me a scratched up, beat up piece of shit with a cracked screen and says "here ya go." I said no, that's not my iPhone, I keep mine in an Otter case, and it looks like new. He insists that its mine, and I proceed to get louder. A young couple with child walks in, and the bearded coxucker suddenly goes to the back and comes out with my phone,so I grab it and leave. Once in my car, I am fuming, so I toss it in the console.

Foreword two weeks, and I'm in Sarasota for a couple of weeks. The wife unit is in the mall and I'm patiently waiting. I see an Apple Store, so I go out to the car and get my non-functioning phone and take it in for a second opinion. The guy asks who worked on it last, so I told him. He gets out a desk pad like we use for gun repairs, except it has schematics and parts details for Apple iPhones. He shows me where the previous person removed some bars and links and other parts. Basically, he screwed me over by stripping the phone before I picked it up.

I was/am so pissed about this that I dare not go there because I may lose it and get my self in trouble. It has been over a month, so it's basically "He said, and the lying bearded coxsucker said".

I can't believe a company would screw their customers over so badly and blatantly. Please don't give them your business and maybe the chain will fold up.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: greco,

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can't believe a company would screw their customers over so badly and blatantly. Please don't give them your business and maybe the chain will fold up.

There is a reason it is sometimes worth the money to "get what you pay for". My iPhone is one such thing. If I have an issue, (which is rare), I make an appointment and head to the nearest Apple Store.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I would go to Yelp and post your experience.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's already on Yelp. I'll try to find other public places to post. Thank you

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Google reviews can be good as well.

Posts: 2366 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Google-ok Bryan. Gots it.

posted Hide Post
I was at the mall and walked past one of those phone fix kiosk. The guy was watching a youtube video while fixing the phone.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is theft, you could report it, but actually proving that those parts were there before you went in would be hard.
If they get enough reports, then maybe someone might be able to get something to stick.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I would take it back and ask why it's missing parts, they'll probably tell you those were the bad parts, but with it there three weeks someone probably figured it was a parts phone or you were not coming back and robbed it, on purpose or not.

I've used the ifixyouri store locally to have a screen repair, fax, same day, (as long as they have the part) and back and working.

DId you check the phone ID to be sure what they gave you was your real phone?

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
A note to the BBB.

Posts: 9041 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
BBB. Yes I will. Even if they just stick it in a drawer, something will be on file. Thanks.

The store I went to was in Fenton, MI. But I see they are a national chain. Hmmm. I may drop a note to their national HQ.

Yep, it was my phone. Had my initials on the back.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greco:
I see they are a national chain. Hmmm. I may drop a note to their national HQ.
Absolutely let the corporate office know about this. If you can find the name / mailing address of the Big Kahuna Top Dog of the company, send it to him / her. Poo-poo rolls down hill. Don't send it to the manager of customer service, s/he will receive it if you send it to the CEO or whoever is at the top.

Customer service department will take more note of it if it comes from the top of the food chain than if they receive it from an unhappy customer.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post