SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Edit: Corrected buying experience from Buds.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Edit: Corrected buying experience from Buds. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
A few years ago I purchased a gun from Bud's for $850. I mailed a check, they then emailed that the gun was out of stock. After notifying me it was out of stock, they deposited the check instead of returning the check. After 38 days I received my $850. Last time I ever opened Bud's web site.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was not happy with Buds either.

I ordered a shotgun barrel and within 24 attempted to cancel the purchase, as a friend told me they had one I could have.

Called Buds and they said they could not cancel the order since it already went the shipping dept. 3 days later the barrel finally shipped. Why could this not have been cancelled, oh thats right you wanted the restocking fee. I had to pay shipping and return shipping along with the restocking fee.

F' you buds.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
IF the gun hadn't shipped, why didn't you simply cancel the sale, then reorder.

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same reason as the reply just above yours.

Posts: 29 | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
While I empathize with anyone that buys a product only to find it went on sale the next day there is nothing to say the retailer did anything wrong here or that buds screwed anyone or that Buds is the problem.

They priced a product, both the OP and gpbbst3 felt that original price was good or they would not have ordered.

Buds certainly didn't force them to agree to purchase the guns.

So afterwards the price dropped, and Buds doesn't offer a price guarantee, chock it up to experience.

I don't see how this is a valid complaint, the merchandise was advertised at a price point, and it was bought at that price.

So until the discounted deal came up, would the OP agree that the original price was acceptable?

I'm not a buds customer, I buy locally, so I have no skin in the game, and have bought a gun only to find a month later it went on sale. Thats just the way it works...

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
While I agree with HRK in principle, it sounds to me like Buds is not the kind of business with which I'd care to do business. So I will not.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I get HRK's point, but there is a difference between buying something locally and getting it right then, vs waiting on the seller to ship the item. In this case, Bud's hadn't fulfilled the order before dropping the price, but wouldn't give the new price. Douche move by Bud's.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
I get HRK's point, but there is a difference between buying something locally and getting it right then, vs waiting on the seller to ship the item. In this case, Bud's hadn't fulfilled the order before dropping the price, but wouldn't give the new price. Douche move by Bud's.

Each firearm has a purchase price attached to that gun. I don't know the reason for the price drop on the next gun, but the OP felt the price was ok when he bought it. Perhaps they don't even have another gun of the same. Bud's has a lot of guns listed with a low price but then says not in stock or sold out.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I had something sort of like this happen while shopping in person at Walmart.

I picked up a bag of oranges, priced at $5.97. When I got to the register they rang up at $6.97. A supervisor happened to be standing there so I mentioned it to her.

The supervisor walked over to the produce area with me and the shelf tag did say $6.97. There was a woman working there with a hand-held terminal. I asked her if she had changed the price of the oranges while I was walking to the register. She laughed and said yes, she had just made the price change, a 17% increase during the minute or two that it took me to get from the produce section to the register. She told the supervisor to ring the oranges up for me at the old lower price.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quirky Lurker
posted Hide Post
Regardless of whether it was “right” or “wrong,” it is bad business. This one incident likely cost them a whole lot more than the $300 extra they got from the OP.

Posts: 869 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I could very well be wrong, but I have come to suspect that Buds is basically a middleman outfit that has several sources (other retailers and wholesalers) from which they secure the items they offer. Several times I have found multiple listings at various prices for the same firearm. I first noticed this in their listings for Rossi lever action carbines. Seems to me they had them listed under LSI, Rossi, and maybe Braztech, at widely varying prices. This may have nothing to do with the OP's situation, though.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
Called Buds and they said they could not cancel the order since it already went the shipping dept. 3 days later the barrel finally shipped.

They seem to move orders quite quickly from order input to "shipping", which cuts off the cancellation ability. Then "shipping" takes its sweet time to actually ship the damn thing. Absolutely no reason it could not be cancelled if it has not actually been shipped. What is "shipping" doing during those 3 days?

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did get a call from Buds. They proposed an acceptable response that comes close to making it right so I will wait and see if they come through and provide an update. I have no reason not to believe them.

Posts: 29 | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GRH:
I did get a call from Buds. They proposed an acceptable response that comes close to making it right so I will wait and see if they come through and provide an update. I have no reason not to believe them.

Glad to hear it.

I have bought from Bud's now and again, and have been pretty happy with the transactions.

Posts: 15029 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post