SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Embrace Pet Insurance 30% premium rise
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Embrace Pet Insurance 30% premium rise Login/Join 
Laugh or Die
posted
Are you kidding me?

I got embrace pet insurance for my dog 2 years ago because it was highly recommended and linked directly to my usaa account. It seemed like a pretty good deal. The first year they tried to raise my premium from 22 to 28$/mo, but then lowered it back when they took off the medication coverage.

I just recieved an email saying my premium was going from 22/mo to 32/mo! Absolutely unacceptable. A 30% rise in premium for a policy I have never once made a claim on. I don't play this stupid game. I'm cancelling ASAP. I won't let insurance companies walk all over me.

Can anyone recommend me a good pet insurance provider that isn't going to try to play this game with me every year like clockwork?

Also, does anyone know if USAA has a complaint form? I expect better from them.

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Just to clarify, that's a 45% increase on the premium.

I don't have insurance. When I looked into it and was offered a 30 day trial, I found out it doesn't cover all the expenses and not all medical procedures. I turned it down.

If ever it gets to the point that it will cost me significant dollars for the medical care of my dog, it's in my head to simply say goodbye to them.

And I treat myself the same way. I don't expect my family to get into financial constraints just to keep me alive.

The increase probably comes from the people who abuse the insurance and they know how to game the system.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19658 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Yes, it’s beyond me why people get pet insurance. It’s a game, folks! A shell game you won’t win!
Btw, I am a cvt who now works in human medical insurance. Unless you already have a prexisting on your pet, don’t do this. It’s ridiculous. A friend of mine who is a vet suggested this to me once for one of my pets, and I honestly flat out shut them down. No. Just no. I don’t know what the kickbacks are, but for goodness sake, choose your pet wisely, care and feed for them properly, and there is just no need for this.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5318 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post