SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    If You Ring the Doorbell and Nobody Answers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If You Ring the Doorbell and Nobody Answers Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
We got nothing
Not even a rock.

The girlfriends decorations are still in our storage unit back in Richmond.

When I called home she went and bought a some to decorate the front of the house.

When I got home from Charlotte last night she told me she panicked and bought a few more bags.

She was all ready for the kiddies.
Nope nothin' nada.

Well the streak continues. For the seven years we lived at our last house in Richmond, I think we got 9 kids total.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Like last year, I bought treats but no kids Roll Eyes Course, if I hadn't bought treats, my door would've been battered in from all the kids showing up.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you weren't home you wouldn't have heard him ring it twice.....cheap skate....just give the kid some candy!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last year, my apartment complex handed out orange flyers. If you were handing out candy, put the flyer on the door.

This year they didn't do that. I got home from work around 1930 to all my neighbors hanging out on the front lawn in front of my building (four units per building) with a large bowl full of candy. They said not a single kid had come by.

I think they called it a night around 2030 or so, and never got a single trick or treater. It was a little sad, honestly....but I think I have serious Halloween nostalgia!

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
We are in a "popular" development. As in church groups bring busloads in. Carloads too. As in streets get closed and people buy a thousand pieces of candy. We are out of the high demand area. Only a bit over 300.
It's fun. Parents are most often around and dress up.there was one kid that was around 7 and it was his first time. He hid behind mom and said he was shy. Finally we got him to say "Trick or Treat" and he got some candy. Then THE LIGHT WENT ON! He got the idea and started dancing! YES! Mom rushed after him as he was off to the next house.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
We stopped handing out candy... geez... probably fifteen years ago? More?

We have a 100' driveway on an unlit dirt road of all 90-150 foot wide lots. We got so few children coming by--sometimes no more than a couple or three visits--that we'd end up eating all that candy ourselves.

Still, and this is the amazing part: Make sure the porch light and the lights flanking the garage door are off, the motion-sensing floodlight is off, all lights in the front-facing rooms are either off of dimmed way down and the curtains are closed.

And still we'll get one or two trick-or-treaters Roll Eyes

Happened this year. Heard the motion camera alert, then the doorbell rang. My wife and I looked at each other. "Really?" I said.

Yup, really. "Sorry, kids. We're not doing Halloween this year. So few trick-or-treaters stopped by for so many years, and we'd end-up having to eat all that candy ourselves. "Bummer," said one girl

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post