SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Awful Service - Landscaper & Mortgage Refi
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Awful Service - Landscaper & Mortgage Refi Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I have complaints about almost everything in this thread.

New house, called out, not one, not two, not three, but at least 4 landscapers to do a several thousand dollar renovation of the landscaping. Probably a $5000-$8000 job. Most don't show, reschedule, don't show again. Must be good to turn down a $7500 job. One guy drew a sketch and promised an emailed quote - nothing but crickets.

Refi loan- stuck with my brother in law since he is "family". The rate he can give us seems a bit higher than competing quotes. Thanks for the family discount, douche.

Pest control- New to us house, has a ant problem. Called the "highly recommended" top notch big company pest control guys in town. Tell them I want the house drenched in pesticide, killing everything under the son for months. Loser comes out and drops, I kid you not, like 6 ounces of liquid spray in and around a 4000 square ft house. I voiced my displeasure and he said, "Don't worry, this stuff is the best you can buy. It will take care of the problem." Yeah, no. Three days later the ants were probably worse. They had to come back several times to fix the issue. I ended up learning about pest control on my own time, learned all about the chemicals, what was appropriate for outside, what was good for inside, and I bought all the chemicals myself and fired them. I do a MUCH better job than they ever did for 1/10th the cost.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
Definitely agree it’s getting worse and freakin sick of the covid excuse.

I was at the eye doctor last week for my annual checkup and I typically get a new pair of reading glasses there while I'm there. They are pricey but it's nice getting it done while I'm there.

This year I'm browsing around their eyeglasses displays and start reaching for a pair to try on to see if they look OK on me. This girl comes running up and practically tackles me "CAN I HELP YOU?"

"Yeah I'm looking at some reading glasses frames!"

"Welll...uhhhh...ummmm....becasue Covid...we...uhhh...aren't letting anyone touch them right now."

Me: "Okaaaay" (inside I'm saying WTF!)

You don't want me touching your expensive glasses, but want me to buy a pair? Yeah, you can go to hell! I walked out without buying a thing after all my checkups were complete and will buy elsewhere from now on.

Posts: 33760 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I am also sick of the "it's a small job" or we are swamped BS. If that's true, then just change your website or answering service to "I'm sorry due to overwhelming back log of jobs we are not taking more work at this time. Thank you for your interest and please check back with us."

Gee, now you are out nothing, have pissed nobody off, have not wasted everyones time including your own, and have generated the image that you are in high demand.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear.

As to the mortgage banking issue,if you gave clear instructions and they dropped the ball, file a compliant with the NC Commissioner of Banks https://www.nccob.gov/public/

If you're in the Raleigh/Cary area send me an email and I'll get you in touch with two excellent good landscape companies. Perhaps one of them can do the work for you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SR,

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post