SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    DHL USPS Partnership
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DHL USPS Partnership Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted
DHL & USPS for the win!

I was suffering from a failure to imagine that there was anything worse than USPS' partnership with FEDEX and UPS. The international shipping aspects really puts this unholy alliance over the top in terms of "service" and "speedy" delivery. Congratulations on being the biggest piece of shit shipping alliance and reaffirming that "it could be worse."

Of course none of this award winning service would have been possible without Amazon who:
  • failed to disclose that the Prime product was not located in the US.
  • sending me a "delivered" text when DHL dropped it off at the post office. I really liked wandering around in 100 degree humid weather looking for my missing package.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23219 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of 19tass
    posted Hide Post
    Just had an experience with this DHL/USPS abortion myself. Took forever and a day to get the package, and when it finally arrived, the box looked like it had been run over by a tank. Thankfully, the item was a piece of clothing, and was not destroyed.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Three Generations
    of Service
    Picture of PHPaul
    posted Hide Post
    I used to be a HUGE Amazon fan.

Now that they've grown "too big to fail" their shipping methods have turned to shit and their prices are going up. No doubt they're blaming it on the virus, but I'm not buying it.

Not at all sure I'll renew my Prime membership.

Assholes.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Cruising the
    Highway to Hell
    Picture of 95flhr
    posted Hide Post
    You can join me, I dumped the Prime Membership with this WuHu virus scam they pulled on shipping. Takes a little more time to find what I want, but I am finding better pricing.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
    ― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6484 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    The Amazon delivery drivers drive around with the windows down and hip hop blasting as loud as it can get. First time I heard it, I was thinking - that is not normal in my neighborhood, and looked out the window. Now, I know whenever they come by.

Not sure how common Amazon delivery is, with Amazon logoed vans. There are a few distribution centers around here so maybe it's local?

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Dinosaur
    Picture of P210
    posted Hide Post
    My experience has been that DHL handles getting things to the US and through customs rather well but USPS takes forever handling their end. I’ve had recent purchases from Germany, Ireland and the Netherlands that all cleared customs and were in the hands of USPS within a day or two, only to spend 10 or so days to get the rest of the way.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    is circumspective
    Picture of vinnybass
    posted Hide Post
    Among the many things I manage on my job is in & outbound freight. I always feel my blood pressure go up a little when a vendor or customer wants to use DHL. It ALWAYS has some kind of complication.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post