SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Frigidaire Appliances
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Frigidaire Appliances Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted
Started with the sub-par performance of the dishwasher, but we've figured out how to get the best clean we can from it. Not a huge deal.

Ice maker died on the fridge, tried a bit of troubleshooting & figured it [the icemaker] would need to be replaced.
Happened to look at the fridge when letting the dog out & saw the freezer temp was at 27F.
Checked the door, moved some things around, and about 20 minutes later, temp at 31F.

Luckily we have a 2nd fridge & a chest freezer in the garage, moved the freezer contents out there & am watching the freezer temp rise....up to 37F now.

Luckily, I suppose, the fridge is holding temperature for now.
A new fridge was not something I'd planned on needing to but.

All builder supplied appliances when the house was built, about 4 years before we moved in (2nd owners).

The washer/dryer combo that also came with the house was decent, but undersized.

Luckily the cooking appliances work well.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15268 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
And, now the fridge isn't holding temp either.

Posts: 15268 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Usually Frigidaire's refrigerators are pretty decent. Their dishwashers suck and everything else for that matter. I have 5 rental units, so I've seen it all with appliances.....GE is the absolute worst. Whirlpool/maytag/kitchen aid seem to be the best ones.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Our garage fridge is a Kitchenaid from our old house. Got everything moved out there. Turned off the kitchen fridge and will kick it on tomorrow to see if it's officially DRT.

posted Hide Post
The best refrigerator I ever had was.... A Crosley! It was a late 40s model I owned in the early 1980s. Steel inside and out. Weighed a ton, I could barely move it.
Every 3 months or so, I had to chip a giant block of ice out of its freezer! When I moved out of the house in 1989, it was still chugging away.
I still miss it.
My current fridge is a Hotpoint. 12 years old with only a small part replacement 4 years ago.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Turned the fridge off last night around 1130PM, hoping that maybe something was just frozen up.

Turned it back on this morning & the onboard temp readouts were 56/65. About a 1/2 hour later (now) I'm seeing 55/62.

Seems it's cooling, but slowly. Will let it run for a bit & see if it tries to get down to requested temp.

But, looks like I'll be moving the garage fridge inside.

Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Mine is a 1983 and has had two or three thermostats and still working fine.

This is a good manual to trouble shoot your problem:

https://www.amazon.com/Step-Re...Manual/dp/093169096X

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
Similar situation happened to us about 2 months ago. Noticed ice cream was very soft coming out of the freezer, checked the temps and it was 40 in the fridge, 32 in the freezer. Should have recognized it earlier, as the ice maker was not making adequate ice for some time. Did some trouble shooting, but it was clearly dying. Was told I was lucky to have gotten 8 years out of an LG fridge. Not sure if that’s really true, but my old basement Whirlpool one has been great with exception of needing a switch replaced.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Our front loading low water usage clothes washer works great as long as you put clothes in it that no one who actually does real work wears....

Freezer is doing good.... had to buy it after joining Costco.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
need to find a new handle for my frigadare frige,
the handle broke at the top of the door Roll Eyes

have only seen that happen once before ,
ever!

on a customers door handle.
cheap ass plastic

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54600 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BrianC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
The best refrigerator I ever had was.... A Crosley! It was a late 40s model I owned in the early 1980s. Steel inside and out. Weighed a ton, I could barely move it.
Every 3 months or so, I had to chip a giant block of ice out of its freezer! When I moved out of the house in 1989, it was still chugging away.
I still miss it.
My current fridge is a Hotpoint. 12 years old with only a small part replacement 4 years ago.

Try to find one now, though.

"Television is called a medium because nothing on it is well done." -- Fred Allen

Posts: 11139 | Location: Here. Now. | Registered: August 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I remember when I was a kid, my grandmother had an ice box. The ice man would come around in his horse-drawn wagon and deliver blocks of ice.

Then, she got one of these:

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post