SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Car Dealership and Recalls
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Car Dealership and Recalls Login/Join 
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Since going to the Hyundai dealer, I have filled out a survey form. The form led to 3 phone calls, 2 from the service rep, and 1 from the reps boss. The last and final called ended with the manager telling me while things don't necessarily need to be replaced most people don't work on their own cars and don't know when something was worn out. He said the tech strictly went by the book in is recommendations and didn't necessarily look at the recommended repairs. One thing the manager was actually shocked at was the oil interval change. This dealership is big and has several locations. The location that I bought this car has closed and sold. At the closed dealership I had the oil changed when I took it in for a speedometer not working correctly, I had them change the oil since it was due anyway. I paid extra for synthetic. The change oil sticker put on said next oil change at 3000 miles. The service rep told me Hyundai has declared all vehicles operating in the U.S. are now considered to be maintained in the Severe Conditions Status and no matter what oil I used, 3000 mile oil change, but the oil would not be changed for free anymore. The manager at the last place I went for the recall said that was bullsh*t, it's 7000 miles for my car, and they let the other dealership be sold because they were being somewhat shady with their service work. Another large dealership took over and still sells Hyundai out of that location.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Sitting at dealership now for my last free service.

Guy next to me just authorized $91 to have them change the cabin and engine filters. I almost piped up and said I have those exact filters in my trunk now that I will sell him for $23 and show him how to install them but kept my mouth shut.

Not my place.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post