SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I always knew that the USPS was incompetent but now I know they are thieves
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I always knew that the USPS was incompetent but now I know they are thieves Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted
In the last 3 weeks I have had 3 packages misplaced by the USPS. I live in an apartment building and we have individual mail boxes and large parcel boxes. I have had to chase down the mailman 3 times to have him open every box until her can find my packages. That’s where the incompetence comes in. Fast forward to yesterday when I go to my mailbox to retrieve a package containing a Dueck Defense tritium RMR vase and this is what’s in the mailbox....

Someone ripped off part of the box and you guessed it no Dueck Defense base. I bought this from an individual and am not sure if it was insured. Fucking assholes Mad

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
You may have pissed off the mail lady/man/person

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
It’s never my regular mailman that fucks it up. It’s always the days he is off when shit goes south.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
My uncle arbitrates some of the stupidest shit there is for the USPS. Says he's had video evidence of handlers cutting into packages and envelopes to steal their contents, drinking or smoking weed on the job, and various other offenses that would normally land you in jail, but for whatever reason, the union keeps them out of trouble. It's fucking ridiculous that it can happen that way, but it's exactly how they want it to work. No accountability on their end and not very many ways for you to recover your lost items or their current value, even if you had insurance. The bullshit steps that need to be taken in order to recover your loss is so obnoxious, that most just don't even deal with it.

FUCK THE USPS. Fuck them with a red hot poker!

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of goingbroke
posted Hide Post
...most of this occurs at the mail handling facilities where the miscreant is eyeballing certain incoming packages...

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." - Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 5055 | Location: South of Atlanta | Registered: July 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
My uncle arbitrates some of the stupidest shit there is for the USPS. Says he's had video evidence of handlers cutting into packages and envelopes to steal their contents, drinking or smoking weed on the job, and various other offenses that would normally land you in jail, but for whatever reason, the union keeps them out of trouble. It's fucking ridiculous that it can happen that way, but it's exactly how they want it to work. No accountability on their end and not very many ways for you to recover your lost items or their current value, even if you had insurance. The bullshit steps that need to be taken in order to recover your loss is so obnoxious, that most just don't even deal with it.

FUCK THE USPS. Fuck them with a red hot poker!

Perhaps the video evidence should end up with the DA or US Attorney. That cushy union contract can safe ones ass at work but not from the actual law.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
If it was sent priority mail, it should have $50 or $100 insurance included in cost of shipping. So you may be able to recover a portion at least.

Sorry it happened to you, I fucking hate thieves.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:

Perhaps the video evidence should end up with the DA or US Attorney. That cushy union contract can safe ones ass at work but not from the actual law.

You would think that the USPS would want to cooperate, but that's the problem, they don't. To them, it's an internal issue and they don't want the public to know just how much of this shit actually takes place. What is truly disturbing is that some of these folks have been caught multiple times doing the same stupid shit over and over and nothing ever happens.

My uncle is actually part of the problem. His job is basically to go in and get these miscreants out of trouble. Sure, I am certain that he's gone through and actually helped someone that was getting in trouble for no reason, but even he has admitted that most of his job consists of watching the dimwitted people do their thing on video and then giving some line of bullshit from within a union contract and then things are just peachy again, like it never happened.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Walked out this morning and saw several pages in the street. They were a change of address/ suspension of mail delivery.
Name, phone numbers, addresses, dates to suspend the mail. Pretty much everything needed to do a robbery and identity theft.
It was a neighbor a few hours down. I called and went over to give it to her.
She had left it in the locked mailbox. It was to tell the mail lady that she'd be gone. Why? Last year they kept delivering to the box and she was late on several bills. This time she'd given the forms to the post office and left copies for the mail lady.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The union is a scourge.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Unions can not shield you from legal prosecution. We just got a bid sheet for the Tulsa Plant, all the mail handler jobs opened up from where they fired a drove of them for slinging dope.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I went to visit my mother Sunday night. On her lawn was a rent check mailed to her from a tenant. It had been sitting in plain sight on her lawn since Saturday afternoon.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Speed limit everywhere on Our Little Airport is 15 mph.

The entrance road is divided by a green (grass) median separating inbound and outbound traffic.

Couple weeks ago I was on my way in, maybe 20 mph (a bit over the posted limit). Female mail carrier went in, on the outbound side of the road (wrong way for traffic), at estimated 45 mph. She blew through a stop sign without even slowing down. Another vehicle had to pull off the pavement to avoid a collision.

A minute or so later I arrived at the mailbox cluster. I was maybe 20 or 30 feet away from her. She screamed and cursed at me while I took her picture.

She has managed to alienate everybody she has come in contact with on our airport.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
I sold a pistol recently to another member. During transit, two magazines were removed from the USPS Priority box. Although I have a “case” open and photographic evidence of the tampering (sent to me by an employee at the receiving PO), nothing has been done. I suspect nothing will ever come of it. I sent some money back to the buyer to cover his loss.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fill in Postal delivery person we had a few years ago, twice left the large mail box door open with keys hanging in the lock, and then left with quite Social Security checks left unattended.

The complex had several dozen mail boxes in key locations.

I locked up everything and took the keys to the complex main office. About a half hour later Postal person came back looking for the keys.

I told her next time I would take the keys to her supervisor, who apparently somehow got the notice of her incompetence because that was the last time we saw her delivering our mail.

Oh, did I mention she was on her cellphone while delivering our mail?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
Unions can not shield you from legal prosecution. We just got a bid sheet for the Tulsa Plant, all the mail handler jobs opened up from where they fired a drove of them for slinging dope.

That is true, however you need someone willing to prosecute the crime and the law actually needs to know about that crime if it is to be prosecuted. I'd bet that a very high percentage of illegal activity is kept quiet internally at the USPS. I can see selling weed as being one instance that they'd rather not have to deal with outside agencies like the DEA, so they'd rather just report it and prosecute accordingly.

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I shipped gun parts a couple times a week for 11 years and it killed me how much money I threw away on insurance. Luckily I never had to use it, but I also knew I would never be able to collect if I ever needed to. Besides the only recourse for replacing the parts would be for the guns owner to send it to the factory. Even if by some miracle I could get them to pay for the parts, shipping and labor wouldn't be covered. BUT... customers WANTED to know their items were insured, so I did. Pissing away lord knows how many thousands of dollars.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post