SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    FreeShipping.com
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FreeShipping.com Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
Watch out for this. Be careful. Think twice.

I placed an order with monoprice.com and when the checkout process was completed there was a popup offering $10 cash back.

Yes, please, I do like cash back. I then noticed that the popup window was for freeShipping.com.

I did not fill in any information. Instead, I opened another browser window and checked to see what freeShipping.com is all about. After a little digging on their website (didja ever notice that when there's a scam involved, it takes a bit of excavation to find the cost?), anyway, some looking divulged that your credit card will be charged $12.97 / month, a true bargain at only $155.64 / year, to join freeShipping.com.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never looked up freeshipping.com and I'm assuming it's not worth $155 a year, but amazon prime is basically the same thing and extremely useful. You're paying a yearly membership for free 2 day shipping...

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:
Never looked up freeshipping.com and I'm assuming it's not worth $155 a year, but amazon prime is basically the same thing and extremely useful.
My thoughts exactly.

I had never heard of freeShipping.com until I placed an order at mono price.com and the freeshipping thingy popped up when I was checking out at monoprice. So, being the curious type, I opened another browser window to check on it. I really had to dig around to find the cost once the free seven day trial expired. Way more $$ than Amazon prime, and nowhere near as useful, re all the things that Amazon prime offers in addition to shipping.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Watch out for this. Be careful. Think twice.

Thanks.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post