SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Want body damage? Buy a new car
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Want body damage? Buy a new car Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
the kid collecting the carts actually ran in to the back of my neighbors mini van,

when he got in the store , I got out to look at where he banged in to the car.

then he came out and said " I didn't hit your car! "

there was a new scratch , but it was next to three others.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
My last new car has about 76 miles on it, when we decided to celebrate the new car, and go out to dinner at a nice restraunt. Came out afterwards to see that some jackwagon had sideswiped the side of my brand new, owned it less than 3 hours car.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
That's why I like leasing. Someone hits my car and I could care less.

You are responsible for fixing any damage, or you get charged for it, no?

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
Used to think when I bought a new truck, I should take hammer with me when I picked it up.

Smack it just to get the first dent out of the way.

This. I've only had two new cars and was relieved after the first scratch or dent. Didn't care after that. hell, my truck hasn't been washed in years. Doesn't look terrible either. Silver helps with that. Wink

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the guys at work and his wife just bought a new car and got rear ended by some trash that ended up being arrested for being high on something and they had no insurance. I'd be livid if some stoner trash hit me, especially in a new vehicle. He's taking it pretty well some how.

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got a new Honda a few years ago. Show up to the in-laws (at the time) and the other BIL backs down the driveway to leave and took out the whole driver's side of the new car. From front to back and both alloys.

Got a new VW not too long ago, and thanks to street parking and assholes in the city, I've had to replace the driver's side door once so far.

Posts: 2170 | Location: Atlanta  | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I park my car as far away from everyone else as I can and don't mind walking across the parking to avoid parking closer where careless dummies can back into me or give me a door ding. People are just so ignorant, careless and irresponsible these days.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
That's why I like leasing. Someone hits my car and I could care less.

You are responsible for fixing any damage, or you get charged for it, no?

With my wife's current lease, she's responsible for fixing any major damage (e.g. a collision) but doesn't have to do anything about little stuff like door dings or scratches in the paint.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post