SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I'm at a loss...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm at a loss... Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
If you don't understand it, I'm just going to steal Sigmonkey's signature line.

quote:
I could explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it appears that the same old wheels have been squeaking far too long,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Everybody is misinterpreting the kneeling. They are actually thanking God for a country where people can get paid millions for playing with a ball.

Subject to the rules of their employers, they have a right to express their beliefs, and I have an equal right to call them fucking douchebags for doing it. But how the NFL and the teams choose to deal with it is a private business decision. Since I couldn't care less about watching football or any other sport anyway, my panties remain largely untwisted.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Everybody is misinterpreting the kneeling. They are actually thanking God for a country where people can get paid millions for playing with a ball.

Close: I think they are practicing for all the knob gobbling they're gonna be doing. Building callouses on their knees will allow them to be better performers once their football careers are over (and they will be well liked in prison when they go) Wink

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 226Reasons
posted Hide Post
One's political protest has no place at work. I watch these games to escape the seriousness of the world. It's an outlet solely for entertainment. Political opinion does little to entertain me, frustrate, yes. Play football, go protest off the field if you must.

Posts: 1327 | Location: TN | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bullshooter:
I can't understand why America has their collective panties in a twist over kneeling, sitting or otherwise "disrespecting" the national anthem and/or the flag.

Don't they have as much right to demonstrate their dissatisfaction as others have to demonstrate their support?

I'm a Vietnam vet and I don't take offense. I'll always stand and render a hand salute, but this IS America.

Sure and you might as well add taking away prayer in schools, saluting the flag, male and female restrooms and the list goes on. Just dismantle everything this country has stood for since it's inception little by little.

It offends me greatly if some very overpaid football player cannot stand for the pledge of allegiance whether he agrees with it or not, you should still respect everyone's views and the common core values of a nation.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
If these hypocrites truly had stones to take a real stand for their beliefs and wanted to get their message on target, they would strike and forfeit their salaries.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Shock value and media coverage. And the more media coverage it gets, the more shock value it gets. THe more shock value it gets, the more it is effective.

The times we live in.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The sooner we start ignoring these attention whores, the sooner they will go away.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
-SNIP-
In the end everything will work out. If the players want to protest on the field, that's fine. If they NFL want's to coddle that behavior, that's fine. If the American people turn off their TVs when a football game comes on, then that's fine too.

'bout sums it up.

I just don't care what they do or why.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good points upthread, to which I'll add that I see this kind of BS as a failure of our educational system. If it doesn't get turned around it's most likely going to end badly for the country.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
Good points upthread, to which I'll add that I see this kind of BS as a failure of our educational system. If it doesn't get turned around it's most likely going to end badly for the country.

Problem is we now have products of that broken "education" system "teaching" in the classrooms and running the system.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whatever their motivation might be, they have a right to disrespect my flag, my pledge and my country.

I have a right to disrespect them.

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post