SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    HP update changed my default printer.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HP update changed my default printer. Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted
"PC Load Letter? WTF does that mean?" Just a line from a moview. Meant for random issue that cause stuff not to work, though it's a real error.

HP decided to help when my laptop updated and changed my default printer to a machine I don't even have, a printer of their brand.

Simple enough fix, but dammit leave my stuff alone. Almost as if someone switched the Ethernet and USB cables because they "had a better way", even though it was working fine. No touchy!

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of btgoanna
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen that in years

It means the paper in the printer is not "Letter" paper , or the printer is reporting it as something else.

So basically you ask to print something and the paper is not compatible .....

Posts: 832 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Sorry, it was a joke reference from a movie.

HP just decided to change my default printer, not actually a PC Load Letter issue.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
"WTF does that mean?"

Your printer was asked to print something on "Letter" size paper, but your

_P_ aper
_C_ artridge

doesn't have any. Wink

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Thanks Skins! I've changed the title.