SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My Tablet is A Democrat
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Tablet is A Democrat Login/Join 
posted
In the last two days, my Samsung tablet refuses to download Drudge Report. My desktop has no problem with it, nor does my Samsung phone. I hit the bookmark on the tablet..nothing. It says Drudge Report in the URL line but screen remains blank. Google it and click on the result..nothing. I tried un-installing and re-installing the bookmark, same thing. I type it into the URL line and same result. All my other favorites work fine. It's a conspiracy I tell you.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
My Kommie Kindle Fire tablet loads it. Maybe something else is going on.

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Posting from my Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Which browser are you using? Samsung's browser or a 3rd party browser like google or Firefox?

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
Which browser are you using? Samsung's browser or a 3rd party browser like google or Firefox?

I believe it is Samsung Internet. Chrome is also on the tablet but I haven't tried it. Question is no matter what it is why has it worked the last 5 years but not this week ?

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:

I believe it is Samsung Internet. Chrome is also on the tablet but I haven't tried it. Question is no matter what it is why has it worked the last 5 years but not this week ?

Could be anything. Some slimy ad with fancy programming brought in by ad networking that your browser/tablet doesn't like, new code in the page at Drudge that doesn't work with your browser/tablet, etc., etc. etc. (sorry, channeled Yul Brenner for a moment there. Wink )

Bottom line - try it on a different browser and see if that clears it up.

I have at least two, generally four browsers set up on my systems - combination of poor programming/testing practices by the web developers, incompatibilities amongst browser makers, and odd tricks brought in by ad content breaks sites. It is an unusual day that I can get by with only using one browser.

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the advice. These things drive me crazy
the way they have a mind of their own. I have a new Samsung S9+. Every day, it changes something on its own. Yesterday the MESSAGE icon was on my home page, today, it is on Page 2. I set notification tones and it resets them to something else. Frustrating !

posted Hide Post
Are you running any ad blockers?
Sometimes they kill pages.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure which is worse, your story or Apple taking away the gun emoji and replacing it with a water gun???

Posts: 105 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post