SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Here we go, idiot season is upon us
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Here we go, idiot season is upon us Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted
Knocked out some grocery shopping for the week Monday night. WAY more crowded than normal. Today, leaving after work you could have been mistaken and thought a nuclear strike was upon us. So tomorrow starts idiot season. 6-8 weeks of it. Old ladies cutting your off, everyone speeding and driving dangerously. Longer drive time TO DO ANYTHING! Longer lines TO DO ANYTHING! I truly love Christ, and do worship. Thanksgiving and Christmas I’m working at the homeless shelter like I do every year. But this is the worst time of the year for me due to people losing their ever loving minds. They induce so much stress to everyone around them. Driving anywhere becomes treacherous. Lines everywhere, and I’m talking about normal everyday life. So here is my rant as I loathe the mother fucking consumer product bonanza season. Stay home herd, and click instead, do it for Jesus!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
My view is that there are people that don't get out much. With the holidays there are out and not familiar with driving, traffic, where they are going or where they are. Last week with had an 80 something man drive the wrong way acres the Narrow Bridge. Fortunetly the police stopped him. His 80 something wife was with him. They had no idea where they were and no idea they were going the wrong way.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Very true. My LE friends loathe working this time of year due to the accidents.

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
During the Holiday Season, there is a lot to be thankful for.

Amazon and the internet are just a few of them. Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Knocked out some grocery shopping for the week Monday night. WAY more crowded than normal. Today, leaving after work you could have been mistaken and thought a nuclear strike was upon us. So tomorrow starts idiot season. 6-8 weeks of it. Old ladies cutting your off, everyone speeding and driving dangerously. Longer drive time TO DO ANYTHING! Longer lines TO DO ANYTHING! I truly love Christ, and do worship. Thanksgiving and Christmas I’m working at the homeless shelter like I do every year. But this is the worst time of the year for me due to people losing their ever loving minds. They induce so much stress to everyone around them. Driving anywhere becomes treacherous. Lines everywhere, and I’m talking about normal everyday life. So here is my rant as I loathe the mother fucking consumer product bonanza season. Stay home herd, and click instead, do it for Jesus!

The past few years have seen me lose all enthusiasm and joy for the Christmas season. I just can't stand it for the reasons stated above. The only person I buy for is my daughter and I tell the rest of my family not to get me anything.
I do cook for the family and enjoy when they come over Christmas day but it has lost its meaning to most.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
quote:

The past few years have seen me lose all enthusiasm and joy for the Christmas season. I just can't stand it for the reasons stated above. The only person I buy for is my daughter and I tell the rest of my family not to get me anything.
I do cook for the family and enjoy when they come over Christmas day but it has lost its meaning to most.

It makes me irate because the herd celebrates the marketing of Christmas, which is entirely fake. Fake news! Bullshit, etc. wanna celebrate the Christ, go build a house for habitat humanity, or help out some battered wife get on her feet and away from the a hole. Go help someone, family member or get this, someone you don;t even know. It will bring you more joy than you’ll ever get from buying products. Have the family over, have a meal, go do something together, make a gift with your hands. Buying products is not Christmas. That’s just bs marketing propaganda. I’m all for it, free country and all, but goodness me does it completely fuck up society for 6-8 weeks. And studies show, people are the most stressed out during Holiday season. It causes the most debt. And more accidents and suicides compared to the rest of the year. It’s just off the chain.

To the people who stay home and click, my sincerest gratitude.

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I live near a Best Buy and regional post office in San Diego. To get to them you get off the freeway and make the first left (across six lanes of traffic). If the postal employees weren't bad enough year-round (not stopping for the red light when exiting freeway or turning left) throw in the impatient eff'ers who'll continue this practice all day long and twice between 1630 and 1900.

It's really bad and near about the only path I can take for work.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Made an agreement with my son (my only real family) that we would no longer do Christmas or birthday gifts.
Ah, sweet freedom.
Other that the grocery store, gas station or a dire emergency, I wont set foot in a retail store until January 5th.
The holidays, starting with Halloween are just insanity. Bah, humbug!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
You guys are singing my song. I share the dislike for the holiday season.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I had to stop and pick up a few things on my way home yesterday.

I stood in the checkout line for a long time.

The last time I saw thing move that slowly, there was drug involvement.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30668 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

V-Tail, LMFAO. I don’t know if that was your intent, but damn that was funny Big Grin

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

V-Tail, LMFAO. I don’t know if that was your intent, but damn that was funny Big Grin
I am pretty sure that there are many glaciers that move faster than the cashier at that register. No point moving to another line; in typical Walmart fashion, there are about thirty checkout lanes in this particular Super Center, fewer than ten of which were in operation, the afternoon before Thanksgiving. They'll probably have at least three lanes working tomorrow (Black Friday).

I thought about moving to a different lane, but there were at least a dozen customers backed up in each lane, and I was # 3 where I was. I did say, in a voice that could be heard quite clearly, "Can we please slow things down a bit? All this speed is making me a little dizzy."

I'm too old for this shit.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30668 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Well get ready. Less than 17 hours until the zombie apocalypse is upon us all.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well get ready. Less than 17 hours until the zombie apocalypse is upon us all.
Like a turtle. Pulling everything into my shell. Locking the door.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I went to the supermarket this morning and it was glorious; there was hardly anyone there. They were either out shopping Black Friday deals or eating leftovers tonight.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Well, thanks to Mrs. Elk I don't have to go thru that shit!!!!!!!

She does virtually all the shopping, unless it is for ammo or a new gun.

She is truly a blessing in disguise.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post