SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Panera Bread, what a joke
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Panera Bread, what a joke Login/Join 
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I got a 10 dollar gift card from coworkers recently,.....Surprise! $11.25 for a freaking sandwich!

So you're bitchin' about a sandwhich that cost you a buck and a quarter.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kraquin:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

So you're bitchin' about a sandwhich that cost you a buck and a quarter.

Well, that was about all they’re worth.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Went to Panera for the first time in about two years. Turkey sandwich was mostly bread, one piece of lettuce, couple slices of turkey. That and a lemonade close to thirteen dollars.

Won't be back.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
Panera is a St. Louis company, and in St. Louis it is called St. Louis Bread Co., but they think so little of St. Louis that they believed nobody else would shop there outside of St. Louis, so it is called Panera everywhere else but in St. Louis, where it is still called St. Louis Bread Co. That's messed up and has always chapped me, that and their prices.

The wife will eat it, so I will get something there also lest I look like a non-eating tool, its also common for work and CLE catering and is probably better than other options. Mom liked their salad once so we got her and dad gift cards for there, Dad never went because he was a 2 slices of Budding and some Kraft cheese and whatever is the cheapest bread at the grocery type of guy, so they never used them. We should be able to get in at least 2 or 3 meals in with those $100+ in gift cards.

Posts: 2514 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I used to love it because the coffee was good and I'd get the half and half. Soup/sandwich/salad combo. But it has gone downhill in the past few years.

Last couple of times I went, I had issue with them nuking the food. I had mac and cheese. It is pretty obvious that they just heat up the food. But it is more frustrating when they can't even do that. Mine came out cold. When I ask them to heat it up, they just nuked it. Fast forward to the next time, I got the mac and cheese with some bbq on top. First they forgot the BBQ. Then it came out cold. By the time I ate, my family had eaten and was just waiting for me to start.

I effing hate the place and refuse to go any more.

Posts: 1349 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
If (and that's a BIG 'if') I go, it's usually to get the broccoli cheese soup in a sourdough bread bowl. Now THAT can't be beat...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I think I bought a coffee there once.

IIRC, it tasted like coffee.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I like Panera Bread's food...I don't eat there anymore because it is spendy and my Publix has good samwitches and soups (soups depending on the days selection...I like their lobster bisque)...I just order online and pick it up in my time frame...Our Panera Bread is franchised by a local family who is well established in my city and are 2nd Amendment supporters...very supportive of our LEOs. I just have better/other options overall for me for their kinda food... YMMV

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
The last couple times I stopped at the Panera that is convenient to the airport, there were no empty tables because many of the four-seat tables had one person sitting with computer, phone, paper files, etc., "officing" with the free wifi, for hours at a time.

Last time that happened I took my food back, spoke with a manager for a refund, and left. Ain't gonna pay for food if there's no place to sit down and eat it. I think that this is not going on right now because virus, but I don't know for sure, I haven't returned.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I only get bagels in there, as they are local to me and are decent. The cinnamon crunch are great for a quick snack/pick me up. My daughter goes there on her lunch break and gets the mac and cheese and a drink. I took her out to lunch once there and it was $9.00 for mac and cheese and a drink. The prices are insane.

I prefer going to Einstein's Bagel but the closest one to me is about 40 miles away and only get them on occasion.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
The last couple times I stopped at the Panera that is convenient to the airport, there were no empty tables because many of the four-seat tables had one person sitting with computer, phone, paper files, etc., "officing" with the free wifi, for hours at a time.

Last time that happened I took my food back, spoke with a manager for a refund, and left. Ain't gonna pay for food if there's no place to sit down and eat it. I think that this is not going on right now because virus, but I don't know for sure, I haven't returned.

Yep, easy to solve, just get a password on the reciept from purchase that lasts say one hour, after that the password is blocked and you are dropped from wifi, at least they'd have to go back and buy access LOL.

With unlimited plans it's pretty much negated the value of free wifi anymore...

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

easy to solve, just get a password on the reciept from purchase that lasts say one hour, after that the password is blocked and you are dropped from wifi, at least they'd have to go back and buy access LOL.

With unlimited plans it's pretty much negated the value of free wifi anymore...
Does Panera do that (the one-hour password)?

The cheap bastages probably don't have unlimited plans. They probably have the $14.00 plan for 1 GB from Spectrum Mobile (like I have).

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most of them do, so it's 30 minutes during peak hours. Commercial wi-fi is speedy, nothing like residential rates.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Overpriced for sure. I prefer Jason's Deli as a chain for sandwiches. Chick-Fil-A meals are about $9, so I don't think there is much cheaper out there.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Most of them do, so it's 30 minutes during peak hours. Commercial wi-fi is spendy, nothing like residential rates.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bland girl food. Their food is just not very good.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post