SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Panera Bread, what a joke
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Panera Bread, what a joke Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
We hit the one buy us from time to time and always vow never to go back.

Last visit got the two fer which is half soup half sandwich. The sandwich was built on a tiny end of the loaf piece of bread, so small it barely covered the palm of my hand, two bites and it's gone LOL

Thought about complaining but decided to complain with my wallet...

Posts: 23386 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
We hit the one buy us from time to time and always vow never to go back.

Last visit got the two fer which is half soup half sandwich. The sandwich was built on a tiny end of the loaf piece of bread, so small it barely covered the palm of my hand, two bites and it's gone LOL

Thought about complaining but decided to complain with my wallet...

^^^. That’s terrible. We have our own Panera Bread rip off here called Atlanta Bread Company. They make the same tiny sandwiches and charge rip off prices. I believe they’ve gone from about 150 or so locations to about 30 in the last 15 years or so. Go figure.

You’re guaranteed to walk out of there hungry.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
We go from time to time, as there is one about 1/2 mile from our house.

I've never been disappointed by the food (normally get a full-size sandwich), but it is expensive for what you get.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15271 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Went once... never again. The bread on my over priced sandwich was so tough my teeth were actually a bit sore the next day.

It was late and if I hadn't been so hungry and paid so much I would have tossed it.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
When my wife decides we're going there, I just swallow any pride I have left and go. I do like to look at the young mothers with their bsbies. Cute little things.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^ Had not thought of that angle. lol. I despise to pay higher prices for way over rated food.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Wolfpacker,

Posts: 794 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I went once for the clam chowder in a bread bowl. At the time it was my habit to eat a can of unheated Progresso/Chunky/HEB clam chowder for lunch at work on Friday. So I really was eagerly anticipating hot real clam chowder and fresh bread. After finishing the chowder and a few hunks of the bread and still feeling more than a little hungered and uncouth I realized that I could have bought five cans of chowder and ten brotchen rolls for the price. And I am sure that the chowder was either canned or frozen by Sysco/Cisco/Campbell's or Aramark or whoever.

Ain't been back.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to Panera Bread once and wasn't thrilled with the service or food so I've never been back. I avoid fast food like the plague and only occasionally eat at one if I'm traveling. All fast food is overpriced for what you get but you're paying for convenience. When I do eat fastfood I'm a big fan of Chick Fil A.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to know Q. I've never been to one and now I'm not even curious.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Back in 1998, I think was the days they popped up in the Chicagoland area. My GF (currently dumbass liberal) at the time loved that place. My description of it, "new age lesbian crap."

That's not being fair to Lesbians but back then it's just the feeling I got.

Panera sucks. I have nothing good to say about it. Stepped foot in one 2 years ago for the first time since 1998. Forced on me by the old lady. We haven't been back.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6962 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Yes the prices are high but trying to find something semi healthy when in the road (75% of the time lately) is not easy unless you want subway....which is much worse as far food quality...IMHO

And at our local branch they have a very nice guy with down syndrome who buses the table.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I used to get Panera a few times per month the first I lived in Houston and in the years since when I traveled since it was consistent. My go to was the roast beef on asiago bread.

They built one by my house and I excitedly waited for opening. I went in and did their soup & 1/2 sandwich combo, and of course chose the roast beef on asiago bread. It didn't seem right that it and a drink rang up to about $13, but he double checked that it was entered correctly. When they delivered the sandwich to my table it had a skinny solitary slice of roast beef. The manager stopped by and I commented on the single slice of meat and that meal has never costed even close to this much at any other Panera. He responded that the sandwich had the correct amount of meat and that was their price.

Fuck 'em. I haven't been back to that Panera or any other since then.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23211 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trebor44
posted Hide Post
Panera Bread, Taco Hell, Mickey D's .... the best one would be McD's! The other two are hog sloppins! Squirrels LOVE McD's!

--------------------------------

On the inside looking out, but not to the west, it's the PRK and its minions!

Posts: 624 | Location: Idaho, west of Beaver Dicks Ferry | Registered: August 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We get a few items there occasionally, and it's what I consider a decent portion of good quality food for the price.

I don't like their politics, but once in a while their mac and cheese loaded with smoked chicken or a few of their other menu items sound good.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
We go from time to time, as there is one about 1/2 mile from our house.

I've never been disappointed by the food (normally get a full-size sandwich), but it is expensive for what you get.

This is kind of my feeling, I go about 3-4 times a year even though I eat out very often. The food quality is between fairly good to just good enough. I like the pick 2 and get a salad and sandwich, which is enough for lunch. I like the variety of ingredients but feel it's 20% overpriced for what you get.

Offerdahl's has a pick 2 and some really nice sandwiches/bowls/salads and much better food quality for 10% less money than Panera.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For an establishment with "bread" in the title, you'd think the bread would be better. It's usually small and hard as a rock. I like the soups but the other day, my wife's cup of soup was full and my bowl of soup was 2/3 full. Looked like the same amount of soup to me. Pepsi and a "bowl" of soup=$10. Rather spend my $10 at McDonalds.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^ Yeah, right, I don't understand "trendy sandwiches" which usually means bread that is hard as heck to chew and just really doesn't taste good.

What's up with that?

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's up is that its sourdough. It's baked n a steam oven to get a nice hard, brown crust. It ain't Wonder Bread, folks.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Their plain white bread is pretty good. Its why we stop these days, to buy a loaf of bread for $5. Well, that and a triple chocolate walnut cookie we split in half. And to gaze at the young mothers with their babies. I like babies. Especially when I don't have to change diapers or can leave if they start screaming.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Yes, I know Panera is anti-2A and caters to the "woke" crowd, just like Starbucks. But, I got a 10 dollar gift card from coworkers recently, otherwise, I would never have set foot in there. Thought that 10 bucks was good enough for a sandwich with some changes left? Surprise! $11.25 for a freaking sandwich! Yes, just a sandwich, not a meal. And, how did it taste? I could go to a 7-Eleven and get a bigger sandwich that tastes the same for half the price. Overpriced shit just like Starbucks.

That's pretty much my opinion about them also! Seriously overpriced crap! My daughter and her best friend love to meet there, or they did before the beer-virus closed their dining room. I've been a few times out of necessity (and always packing cuz I ain't skeered of their 2A stance Razz), and have been highly disappointed each time, and quite a bit poorer!

Haven't had anything from StarBucks in YEARS...

Posts: 4583 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post