SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Corporate lingo.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Corporate lingo. Login/Join 
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Stay tuned for the tick tock on how it goes down. If he gets too far over his skis the low hanging fruit will be too granular to see

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:
Stay tuned for the tick tock on how it goes down. If he gets too far over his skis the low hanging fruit will be too granular to see

That would be one of those situations where I would get the stink eye for laughing out loud during a "serious" meeting.

Wouldn't be the first time either.

My last contact with "corporate speak" was when I worked at the cannery. We were owned by Bumblebee Foods out of California and when they showed up for a project meeting, the bullshit got deep quick.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Let's see if we can solution that.

Posts: 5733 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:
That would be one of those situations where I would get the stink eye for laughing out loud during a "serious" meeting.

Wouldn't be the first time either.

My last contact with "corporate speak" was when I worked at the cannery. We were owned by Bumblebee Foods out of California and when they showed up for a project meeting, the bullshit got deep quick.
My last contract in the corporate world did not get renewed. I think maybe it had something to do with my tendency to mock the bullshit that was spread so thickly during meetings in the conference room.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
OP...Want to REALLY flip out? Attend a Military briefing. Nothing but acronyms and overused, ridiculous phrases.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
The one that got me at my last job was “opportunities.” Roll Eyes

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I'm on my HOA board. (Not really by choice; long story...)

There's a guy on there who's been drinking the corporate Kool-Aid for several decades. He's fairly high up in a larger corporation. Listening to him talk during our meetings is a chore. He still thinks he's in the conference room at work.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
"Socialize"

This seems to be a new one creeping in where I work.

"Make sure we socialize this new action plan to all pertinent stakeholders."

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
We need to be change agile as we navigate the new company structure roll out.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cabinetry, price point, functionality, rain event, family unit. Some of these were used in a tv series featuring home remodeling.

If my house has cabinetry instead of cabinets, does that mean I have tiletry on the bathroom floor?

Rain event? It doesn’t rain events where I live. It rains water. Merchandise has prices.

Keep a tablet and pencil handy during meetings at work. Deduct IQ points from speakers everytime they use a bullshit word. See who wins the IQ race to the bottom.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
A customer on a conference call today asked us for a "deep dive failure mode."

I hope I didn't get caught snickering....

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
You guys are awesome. I’ve heard most of these. But a few are new. I’m gonna use them and get a promotion Big Grin

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12406 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
"Dropping" is one the really gets me and it seems to be creeping in everyday conversations now.

Its use is a little confusing: "Our new product will be dropping in two weeks, so get ready for the roll out rush." How can we be dropping our product line but rolling it out also? (yes, I know DROPPING in this context means introducing but its use in this manner is stupid)

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about "net new", as in some functionality that didn't exist before? I mean, wouldn't "new" work all by itself?

Posts: 698 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is that on the dashboard? Let's do some teambuilding on that. The customer is our compass.

Posts: 278 | Registered: October 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
I've got some ideas, but let me bubble them up and see what comes back.

Posts: 3653 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
"Socialize"

This seems to be a new one creeping in where I work.

"Make sure we socialize this new action plan to all pertinent stakeholders."

Haha, I use that all the time. But first I am going to broach the subject with them. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I just got done reading this thread when I received an email that began...

"Actually, I have one more ask..."

Sheesh.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Whenever I hear or read "stakeholders" I think of Mormons.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
mitigate

challenge

leadership

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post