SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Corporate lingo.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Corporate lingo. Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Get some random syllables and stick them together for your own made-up words, then use them in a meeting.

If anybody looks puzzled just glare at them as if they are idiots.
But, there is a plethora of language which can be deployed in such a perfunctory manner as too confuse and distract them unendingly; why make things up?
If you invent the words you will be the only one who knows what they mean, which will make you the smartest person in the room.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Verticals.
I have to achieve these verticals now.

Ugh.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
quote:
Get some random syllables and stick them together for your own made-up words, then use them in a meeting.

If anybody looks puzzled just glare at them as if they are idiots.
But, there is a plethora of language which can be deployed in such a perfunctory manner as too confuse and distract them unendingly; why make things up?
If you invent the words you will be the only one who knows what they mean, which will make you the smartest person in the room.

I still have so much to learn.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I heard a new one yesterday — I was on the first conference call of what’s going to be a recurring meeting — and the meeting host mentioned up front “we’ll be holding this call on a regular cadence, so look for the invite for that to come soon.”

Roll Eyes Confused

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SFCUSARET:
"Dropping" is one the really gets me and it seems to be creeping in everyday conversations now.

Its use is a little confusing: "Our new product will be dropping in two weeks, so get ready for the roll out rush." How can we be dropping our product line but rolling it out also? (yes, I know DROPPING in this context means introducing but its use in this manner is stupid)

Yup, 'Dropping' is a annoyingly stupid term, and VERY Prevalent in the vocabulary of Millennials. One would think it's the opposite of a 'Launch', but it's not! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
People who are too stupid and / or worthless to contribute anything meaningful. The corporate BS is useful, it help you ID the fucking morons quickly.

We have these weekly meetings, and nothing gets done. So all of the geniuses get together and decide there needs to be a common form, that's why nothing gets done, we all use different formats at each account. So we will spend the next two week "work shopping" the new form until we have "buy in" from "all parties".

In the meantime... the nothing rolls on.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HOGSTR
posted Hide Post
I'd ask for a high level overview, but I don't want to drop an anchor...

Posts: 172 | Location: Ozark Highlands | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Need to ensure that everyone is on the same narrative in order to bend the success curve.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
We must embrace the new culture of mindfulness, align with our core principles and values, and ensure a holistic approach to customer centric infrastructure and outward function.

That is actually a real one...

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
We must embrace the new culture of mindfulness, align with our core principles and values, and ensure a holistic approach to customer centric infrastructure and outward function.

From the customer lens that's spot on. Wink

Posts: 698 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's an actual quote from the Minneapolis paper regarding this week's purchase of Cray by HP:

"The company said it 'expects to deliver significant cost synergies through efficiencies,' but it was not specific about how it will lower expenses."

Not only is it dripping with corporate BS lingo, it is a pleasant euphemism for "Many employees at Cray are screwed"

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post