SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    1pm flight changed to 6am.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1pm flight changed to 6am. Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted
And I'm not even the one flying, but I still have to get up to take my wife and two of our children to the airport. Then, I get to go home hitch up the 5th wheel, load the dog, eldest son, and drive to Michigan where I will pick up my wife and the two kids on Wednesday to continue our journey. Tomorrow is going to be a long day.

Posts: 10900 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Don't let the frustration become a distraction while going through your hookup and pretrip preps. Safe travels.

I was once distracted while hooking up and completely forgot to connect the trailer plug. So, I had no lights, but more importantly no brakes. Always double check yourself.

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Good advice.

I got home late one night in the dark, unplugged, released the hitch, pulled forward, crunch!. I didn't put the tailgate down. Now I'm pissed at myself. I jump into the truck put it in reverse, backup, jump out to put the tailgate down and the truck keeps going backwards and rehitches itself. I left it in reverse. I gave up, shut everything off and went to bed.

I'm much more deliberate with everything about the RV now.

I dropped my wife and kids off at the airport at 4:30am, went home, finished putting up the hurricane shutters, and closed the house down. My son and I got on the road later than planned, so we didn't make it through Atlanta. I stopped early. We would have hit Atlanta at 6:00pm, but it just isn't worth it doing it tired. We'll hit it during the morning rush instead, but I'll have had a good night's sleep by then.

Posts: 10900 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I got behind some absolute yuppy moron on I-75 in Florida the other day that was dragging a sparking mess down the highway behind his large RV. I got closer and saw that the RV was towing a car, and the car towing apparatus was not connected and was dragging/bouncing down the highway. The car was going left, right, smashing into the back of the RV, sparks flying everywhere. The only thing attaching the car to the RV was the wiring harness. I honked and honked and the yuppy just looked over at me and smiled, and then went back to looking straight ahead and driving. I tried to get him to pull over but he wanted nothing to do with that. I got off on the next exit and he was dragging his sparking flaming mess down the highway....

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post