SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Workplace Microwave Fish Cookers and Popcorn Burners
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Workplace Microwave Fish Cookers and Popcorn Burners Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Ugh.

Please stop microwaving your stanky, nasty-ass fish in the office microwave, it's disgusting! And I love fish! Just not that fishy, stinky shit you're nuking up. Roll Eyes

I'd also appreciate if you stopped incinerating your microwave popcorn as that acrid smell lingers forever and is one of the worst scents in the world for many of us.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Yep, same here...but with reheated shrimp and the coworker who happens to like his garlic bagel toasted to well-done Frown

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain. Thankfully most of my coworkers don't eat fish at the office, but popcorn is a different story. I have one coworker who actually prefers her popcorn burnt. Not a little burnt, but call the fire department burnt. I guess of all the ways a person can turn out weird, that's not a bad one, but it sure is annoying.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
The microwave at my previous workplace was so filthy I was surprised anyone would use it to heat food that came out of our moldy fridge.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd also appreciate if you stopped incinerating your microwave popcorn as that acrid smell lingers forever and is one of the worst scents in the world for many of us.

The smell of popcorn is pretty overwhelming. I will share a bit of information you will at least find interesting. If you are staying at a convention center where there are a group of medical professionals, there is often a large popcorn making machine in the lobby outside of the conference room. The reason for that is that the smell of popcorn effectively masks the smell of formaldehyde. I will leave it to your imagination as to what is going on in those rooms.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
We had a guy microwave Kimshee (or however else you spell it - the Korean rotten cabbage stuff) in our workplace micro. The Colonel ORDERED him to never do that again.

You think burned popcorn or fish stinks? That's nothing compared to this stuff.

Oh, then there was the day we were doing an exercise, where nobody could leave, and we only had a 1-hour lunch break. 2nd guy in line for the micro put in one of these 35-40 minute nuke meals. Basically, he screwed about 6-8 people out of having a hot lunch that day. Roll Eyes Some people just don't use their brains.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
Oh, then there was the day we were doing an exercise, where nobody could leave, and we only had a 1-hour lunch break. 2nd guy in line for the micro put in one of these 35-40 minute nuke meals. Basically, he screwed about 6-8 people out of having a hot lunch that day. Roll Eyes Some people just don't use their brains.

Like hell, I'd have ripped his "meal" out the microwave and gone about my business. He can wait until everyone else is done if he's going to tie up the microwave for that long...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: F12517,

Posts: 270 | Location: NorCal | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
We had a guy microwave Kimshee (or however else you spell it - the Korean rotten cabbage stuff) in our workplace micro.

I've never nuked it, but I put it on the grill plate at the Korean BBQ. It was delish. It's not really rotten you know, it's just pickled with a healthy dose of hot pepper added. Big Grin

OK, I will admit I did smell some that smelled like ass, but it was an anomaly. LOL

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched an engineer microwave a can of beans. A long time ago and from a distance. Yes it was a metal can, he was a foreigner and an RF Engineer.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Tell them that eating the food wrapped in microwaved plastics will kill them.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Who are these people? Isn't this a long running joke? Some asshole microwaves fish, and now the office smells like a whorehouse on the waterfront burned down, and then nobody likes that guy anymore. Are they that disconnected? I know, the answer I get wont be satisfying. They probably are that oblivious to the world. Malice would be great, but no, it's more likely Huh, Whu-?

Used to guard a mostly finished construction site, had ourselves a little office, running water, microwave and refrigerator, slow WiFi, but WiFi nonetheless, and it was literally just down the street from my house. It was gravy. Of course, as all rain clouds have a silver-lining, all bright sunny days have something to offset them a little as well. The guy I relieved at night, who had my first name so when I meet other guards in the company and tell them where I've been think they've met me, he had quite a drive, so before leaving he'd, err, offload. That is he'd wreck the toilet. No biggie, I'm a fat guy with poor nutritional habits too, the difference is, I'm self aware. I know I'm a fat guy who has a terrible monster living in his butt. This gent did not. Or he didn't care. So hot summer nights, I roll in there, and he's got the windows and doors closed up tight, it's stifling and stinky. He couldn't even bother to turn on the fan in the bathroom itself.

I didn't think he was really an asshole for that though, just unaware. What made me realize he might just be an asshole is when I opened a cabinet in another bathroom (I made this one mine, there were a hundred of them, being an assisted living facility) where I had stashed some TP and paper towels, and found the cabinets to be filled with garbage bags. Full garbage bags. Apparently he was upset that they took the dumpster away, and now, horror of horrors, we were responsible for taking out our own trash! Me being me, I just kept plastic grocery bags with me, it would take me all week to fill one of those up. Somehow he managed to fill up enough kitchen drawstring bags that they were overflowing from the cabinets. Buddyguy, this is how you lose us contracts, and sweet, sweet sites like this one.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You could always burn some brocoli for revenge. Big Grin

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
You could always burn some brocoli for revenge. Big Grin

with bacon.

The sweet bacon smell draws them in, the broccoli knocks em down. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
We have two break rooms separated by a wall. A guy (rally nice but clueless) that would heat up his fish every day on the side I sit and then take it to the other side to eat even though there are microwaves on both sides. I finally mentioned it to a manager and that solved the problem.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post