SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Bird Scooters
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bird Scooters Login/Join 
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
The morning news show had a segment about the scooter companies tracking the usage and selling your personal information to the city and private businesses.

Nobody saw that coming.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3839 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Lime is another scooter service:

That someone figured out how to make an app to get paid for scooter rental is free enterprise.

The issues are really the end users. Not all of the end users, the minority really. The same end users who ruin things for others. Those who should be skimmed out of the gene pool by the antics that are their lives but due to the nanny state of the world still thrive, spawn, and vote.

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
They are new to my area...I had seen and read about them in LA and hoped AZ would not need them here but no suck luck as they are now littering every street corner and shopping area near me.

I may have to clean my truck mirrors to see what and who I ran over. I haven't noticed them.

But I haven't really been getting out much lately either except to drive to the Happy Valley/Lake Pleasant Fry's for groceries and whatever golf course we have a tee time.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
They are new to my area...I had seen and read about them in LA and hoped AZ would not need them here but no suck luck as they are now littering every street corner and shopping area near me.

I may have to clean my truck mirrors to see what and who I ran over. I haven't noticed them.

But I haven't really been getting out much lately either except to drive to the Happy Valley/Lake Pleasant Fry's for groceries and whatever golf course we have a tee time.

When they show up, they won't drop off 50 units, each company will drop off 1,000. You'll see them then. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post