SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Idiots who should know better
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Idiots who should know better Login/Join 
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
Is this an idiot situation or an E4 situation?

The E4 in the military are people with enough time and rank in the military to understand the inner workings. So when the they do something like forget mags in a car, or some other violation and get caught on it they come up with some enraging statement that causes people in positions of OMG WTF to have their head explode. This sounds like that kind of situation. If he gets called in front of the carpet by someone with authority to punish him he will say that he actually just forgot them and thought the instructor knew he was joking.

I can say this because I was that guy.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought most guys carried more, not less, ammo. I remember an account posted here I think, of an officer who switched to a Glock 17 with like 5 mags on his person and 3 more in arms reach in the cruiser. Basis for the switch was a running gun fight, in which he was down to the last round of his third and final glock 21 mag before it finally ended.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had the same idiots. Some had 20 years experience, some had 1 year 20 times.

Posts: 322 | Location: S/W Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What would Dirty Harry have to say? Start the clip at 2:07 mark.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chansen92
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
We could all probably do a thread a week and not run out, but here is my humble submission for the past week:

Veteran officer, walking around with no magazines in his pouches. I ask him where his mags are, and he says he keeps them in his car, because he won't need them, and if he does, he will get them when he gets out of the car. I suggest this isn't a dependable plan of action, but he doubles down on his position.

WTF? You can't make this shit up. This aint' exactly Mayberry...
If I were his boss I would fire him for endangering the safety of the public and himself and for the embarrassment of the Dept he works for. Mad

Posts: 1622 | Location: owosso,Mi. USA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I worked with an older guy at one department that refused to keep a round chambered in his P226. No amount of logic, scenario training or disciplinary action helped the situation. I avoided him like a case of the clap.
Sometimes, there are no answers, but he did make it to retirement,ha.

Posts: 403 | Registered: November 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I was an MP in Germany I used to get plenty of eye rolls and sighs from everyone on my shift for making it a point to lube my M9 before every shift..
it was pretty funny when I became a patrol supervisor and made everyone do it with me.

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired old fat motor cop
posted Hide Post
Little tangent...officer with years on, not to be confused with expierience, working between 2 hoods, making stops and approach cars with portable loose, speaker Mike clipped to anntena and off and going to " set them right"
Wish I was kidding

" Life is full of choices', Choices have consequences."

Posts: 698 | Location: New England | Registered: October 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I'm glad I have the next 6 days off. I was One Idiot away from a write-up after this week. Between the lazy asses, the dummies, and the brass and their stupid (and wrong--but why would they double check Roll Eyes) stats...

I ran 29 calls today in less than 10 hours, plus a damn flat tire. At least my sergeant called out the slackers dodging calls once over the radio. Insane. And last night I spent 3 hours waiting at the jail, because the biggest city between DC and Atlanta had ONE MOTHERFUCKING MAGISTRATE working. There were 9 officers behind me, and the next was there for another hour.

Fuck.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
You should show him the taser video I posted in the lounge. Does he at least make good use of the empty pouches? Twinkies maybe?

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
You should show him the taser video I posted in the lounge. Does he at least make good use of the empty pouches? Twinkies maybe?

That dude is worthless. He probably ran 10 calls yesterday. He was one of the ones called out yesterday.

I'm still pissed.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Many years back we had one officer that was better suited to pizza delivery . He was a holdover from the old days when knowing someone got you the job.

Lazy and incompetent was giving him credit. Then there was an incident when he was taken to the hospital. this guy could find a reason to go out on a on the job injury for any reason. He was out for two weeks because he claimed during a dispute, he was stuck with his nametag pin. A new low.

During one of these events, I was given possession of his duty belt and firearm. I cleared it and went to secure it noticing the magazines seemed light. Checking them, they each had about five or six rounds out of the then 14. I inquired where he ammo was and he claimed he had no idea.

No one cared because we were better off if he didn't show up at a scene as a backup as he'd only screw things up.

Finally when I was placed in a higher position, I made it my life's work to make his life miserable. Not only was he incompetent but dishonest. something the prior administration ignored because he was the Chief's rat. Secretly recording people trying to get them to admit some minor department infraction he could use to make his life easier. He was NOT well liked and finally left when the free ride was over.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:

That dude is worthless. He probably ran 10 calls yesterday. He was one of the ones called out yesterday.

I'm still pissed.

Sucks. Nothing worse then carrying dead weight. On the flip side I have seen a few hot blondes coming in to the ER last few weeks to take reports and stuff..you guys are doing something right Big Grin

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife only carries one magazine-in each gun. A full size, a compact, and an SC.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
When I was an MP in Germany I used to get plenty of eye rolls and sighs from everyone on my shift for making it a point to lube my M9 before every shift..
it was pretty funny when I became a patrol supervisor and made everyone do it with me.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/2G551KpNnA0

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post