SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My wife's new phone case fail.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My wife's new phone case fail. Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted
Ordered a case for the wife's new phone from Amazon...

As you can see as I hold this package up to a lamp it is completely empty... yet it was tightly sealed. Roll Eyes
I told her I guess the bubble pack IS the case! Big Grin She didn't buy that.

To amazon's credit it took less than 2 minutes to get a replacement on the way via their chat support.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Order probably got mixed up by the employee and there's probably a clear plastic screen protector floating somewhere in there.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
probably a clear plastic screen protector floating somewhere in there.

LOL! No I checked thoroughly. Nothing but air.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
I had this happen two months ago; I ordered some Wago lever lock connectors from amazon. I got an empty envelope that hadn't had the sealing tape strip uncovered. To their credit, Amazon apologized and sent a replacement order overnight.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a policy, NEVER BUY FROM AMAZON. Because I actually enjoy walking into a store, looking at things that interest me, and actually handling an item before purchasing it. Those who insist on shopping on Amazon are actively participating in the complete destruction of the Retail Industry in the USA.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5623 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Only problem with that, scooter, is many of the things I wish to purchase simply are not available at local stores. Period. If it's available locally, and the price is within reason (yes, I'll pay more to buy locally), I'll buy locally--every time. But if it's not: An on-line store gets my business.

The Wago connectors mentioned above are a good example. Nobody around here carries them. I checked. Hell, an electrical supply place I use had never heard of them.

And I live in a major metro area.

Then there are the things that used to be available locally, but were dropped because they were (presumably) slower movers. So we're supposed to stop buying the products we want because local stores dropped them? I don't think so.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
I have a policy, NEVER BUY FROM AMAZON. Because I actually enjoy walking into a store, looking at things that interest me, and actually handling an item before purchasing it. Those who insist on shopping on Amazon are actively participating in the complete destruction of the Retail Industry in the USA.

Or maybe the the “Retail Industry in the USA” brought their “complete destruction“ on themselves by not being competitive and offering a better experience or value.

I can find what I am looking for from Amazon in three minutes and have a half dozen options. It can frequently be at my door the same day. Or I could go to four stores, maybe find one option, have to deal with idiots, and possibly come home empty handed wasting my gas and time.

I tire easily of calling stores to ask about an item only to talk to idiots who haven’t a clue. More waste of my time. Or the reverse, be in a store cash in hand ready to spend but be put on finger hold while the employee focuses on a person on the phone who might become a customer instead of the one that is already there.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know a guy that is an Amazon savant.

he can tell you what they do and don't have,
how many colors it comes in and
how many 6 of them will weigh , for shipping.

He goes on about everything you mention and how much cheaper he got it on Amazon.

yes it's wonderful to go in too a store and interact with knowledgeable, courteous and pleasant staff.

but

it's a one in five shot in today's brick and mortar stores , that you will find that employee

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:

Well... I agree to some extent but don't assume that I "insist" on shopping at Amazon. It's 10 miles, each way, to Walmart... the only store in the county with a fair selection of phone cases... they still didn't have what we wanted, we actually did look and bought one there but that will be returned. The phone store had a few, at double / triple the cost, and still not what we wanted. I can order from my recliner and get exactly what I want for $13.99 and free shipping... as long as it doesn't magically disappear from the package in transit Big Grin. And my Smile donations, >50 bucks so far, goes to a local good cause.

Picture of trebor44
posted Hide Post
Per SWMBO we now enslaved to Amazon and Google!

--------------------------------

On the inside looking out, but not to the west, it's the PRK and its minions!

Posts: 624 | Location: Idaho, west of Beaver Dicks Ferry | Registered: August 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
One time I ordered something small, can't remember what, came home to a giant box that weighed 50+ lbs. It was a giant box filled with empty boxes, had me scratching my head. They wantede to bring it to UPS, took some convincing and they finally agreed to pick it up when I told them I couldn't fit it in my car so they'd have to send me more smaller boxes to put the boxes in so I could send them back.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post