SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Selling Stuff
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Selling Stuff Login/Join 
Back in Black
posted
Trying to sell some knives on a another forum.

One knife I have had three definite "I'll take it" buyers flake out and back out of the sale. Okay, fine.

Another knife, I get some guy who over four days and the course of 20 messages back and forth finally concludes (after I told him I wasn't going to lower the price further) that he was not interested at that price.

The timeline was roughly as follows: Can the sheath be used left handed? (lowball offer) Another message to say thinking about it. Nope price is too high. Will I still take (my counter offer)? Message to say might have to sell his house. Still thinking about it. What's the blade length? (send link to retailer with specs) Why is my price so close to retailer starting price? (Not same model) Still thinking about it. Finally concludes that a left handed sheath will be expensive to get made and not interested (at least not at that price). Then when I respond "Okay, please don't contact me again unless it is to say 'payment sent'", accuses me of getting snarky.

What is wrong with people? I am taking a loss on this thing (although not the $90 loss he was pushing for). How are people okay wasting other people's time like that?

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post

Posts: 952 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Some people are just tire kickers.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Some people just have to try to "steal" everything they buy.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

There's one member here who's low balled on almost everything I've ever listed for sale here. Roll Eyes

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
Lowballs make no sense to me because if I would actually take 40% less than I have it listed for, then I would just lower the price to sell it quickly. Maybe some people don't know how to sell stuff and fall for it, who knows.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Sounds like an expensive knife or an awfully cheap house to me! Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

OMG they are. I sold stacks of Glock magz over the winter. I should have kept the emails and messages and posted them online. Some think they can argue down the price. I think I was selling magazines at $18, new. Something like that, real low. Still the hecklers with their chinzing. I see a good offer I just buy it, I don’t fuck with the seller.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of this.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
And these people will argue with you!

I was trying to sell a snowblower. It was 9 years old. Everything worked except the pull cord. I specifically stated that the electric start works and that one tire was flat. 24" troybilt. $100 to the first person that will come and take it.

I had one guy tell me it would cost $459 parts and labor to repair the pull cord so he is willing to offer me $50. I laughed at him and said it cost me two beers five years ago to have a friend replace the cord so smd and gfy.

nineteen people and four days later, one guy said he was on his way with cash. I was about to just put it on the curb on trash day.

I'm trying to sell some lightsabers now at cost which is cheaper than retail and people are lowballing me.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was selling a Thule bicycle rack that I used for several years. Top of the car rack. Two rails, bars and air dam with all lock keys.....$100 or best reasonable offer.

I posted several pictures on local Cragslist.

Got several calls wanting to buy just one rail for $10. I countered with buy everything for $50. Callers weren't interested.

One guy from Phoenix wanted me to drive up with the bike rack to his home - "So he could look at it". Sure, I said, drive from Tucson 220 miles round trip.......uh NO.

I finally took everything to St. Vincent De Paul donation center. They were happy to take it.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the only forum I will sell on. Other than here, I have a dealer that gives me a great consignment deal. For the cut he takes, it's well worth avoiding the risk and hassle.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reminds me yard sales, which I did ONCE. You could have a documented Picasso painting on your table for $50 and if you wouldn't take $20, they would walk away. Never again !

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
This is the only forum I will sell on. Other than here, I have a dealer that gives me a great consignment deal. For the cut he takes, it's well worth avoiding the risk and hassle.

My same two options. I have used my LGS for a few pistols. He takes 10%, and I just figure that into my asking price. I tell him what I want out if it and let him price it. I tell him if he gets more than his 10%, he can keep it for his trouble, but he usually gives any extra to me. His 10% covers the transfer fee and no shipping is involved, so it sometimes is a decent deal, and certainly easier. Some brands/models do not sell well locally in this small town, and I generally know what he can move.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:

There's one member here who's low balled on almost everything I've ever listed for sale here. Roll Eyes

I'll only give ya a buck for it... shipped! Is that enough? Wink

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4551 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:

Should put him on Ignore.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Slackers. I'm in for the obligatory:

quote:
Nice karma. Count me in.

... or ...

quote:
Will you take a broken snowblower in trade?

Big Grin

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating, sleeping and boinking. Everything else is just Filler.
Picture of terma-nator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
And these people will argue with you!

I'm trying to sell some lightsabers now at cost which is cheaper than retail and people are lowballing me.

Did you say "Lightsabers"? Is this something that I'm not familiar with, or something that Luke Skywalker would use?

I love it here!

My Gun collection:
Too many to list. Lets just say that the zombies should look elsewhere.

Posts: 1671 | Location: Back in the good 'ol U.S.A. (South Fla) | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post