SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I now own cowboy boots for some reason.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I now own cowboy boots for some reason. Login/Join 
Grapes of Wrath
Picture of Wino
posted Hide Post
Unsolicited advice:

Get boot trees for all your boots so they keep their shape.

Posts: 1454 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usmc-nav
posted Hide Post
Even though I am not in Texas, I am next door in Louisiana. My oldest pair is from about 1983 and have had the soles replaced a few times. Still a good boot and comfortable. Also have a custom made pair of alligator and a pair of Lucchese.

All are as comfortable as tennis shoes. I hope that they grow on you.

Posts: 538 | Registered: August 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Maybe it's time to just go with the flow? Wink
To rephrase:

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23101 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
Wife rides horses/foxhunts...all-around equestrian.

We recently bought “me” a horse—-13 yr old, 14h quarter horse...who is a backup horse to my wife’s thoroughbred.

I picked up some Rocky steel-toed, western work boot (square toe)...very comfortable

Posts: 1721 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I need synthetic, non-skid soles for work and motorcycling.

I've had to swallow my * No Commie Chinese* and purchase Ariats for several years.

They're actually not so bad.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Years ago, I bought a pair of Justin elephant skin ropers for $200. I did says years ago didn’t I? They have been resoled several times. Anyone who is willing to pay today’s prices for elephant skin, had better be very sure they fit correctly BEFORE leaving the store. Mine are flexible and comfortable, but they haven’t stretched much if any. A boot jack is still needed to remove them.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MtnPlinker
posted Hide Post
This thread begs for this Lyle song.

As a TX transplant to CO, my cowboy boots are more comfortable than old sneakers... and I can fly under the radar at the National Western Stock Show each year

Posts: 1962 | Location: Front Range CO | Registered: April 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
Lucchese

These will ruin you for life.
Not in a bad way.

'Cept for your pocketbook.[/QUOTE]

Never before did I imagine there was a $5000 boot... Eek

I need to just go try some on at the local western wear shop. Looking online at all the brans y'all have listed isn't giving me any clue as to what I need, just styles that look kinda nice. Big Grin

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Winner
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
Lucchese

These will ruin you for life.
Not in a bad way.

'Cept for your pocketbook.

I need to just go try some on at the local western wear shop. Looking online at all the brans y'all have listed isn't giving me any clue as to what I need, just styles that look kinda nice. Big Grin

These could make a $5000 pair of boots seem like a deal:

https://www.chron.com/life/art...een-sold-5297992.php

Then again, the fit of some custom boots, made specifically for your feet, could be described as "priceless".

Posts: 132 | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:

They come with FREE ground shipping!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post