SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    When you post something for sale and quickly realize you underpriced it!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When you post something for sale and quickly realize you underpriced it! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
The wheels on my Silverado were showing their 20 year age the aluminum was starting to corrode on the face pretty well and while the tire had tons of tread they were 9 years old.
I got a set of newer 17” wheels from my buddy and I put new tires on those. So I had no use for the old ones and they were taking up space.
With the corrosion and the age kind of figured nobody would want them but figured I would give it a shot. Posted them on FB marketplace (full disclosure of the age and corrosion) for $200.
Well, I had about 15 people offer the full $200 in about 20 minutes and one goober who offered $100.
If I’d listed for more probably never would have heard from anyone.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah when it sells immediately it was probably under priced- But you got what you asked for and it's over with.

I recently saw 2 knives sell on Bladeforums for $600- One was easily worth the $600 and the other was relisted by the Buyer and sold for $500 2 weeks later.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I know just what you mean. In my case, it involved us as the buyer of our house.

We'd been looking without success for a couple of months. One day a new listing came up and our realtor knew it was just what we were looking for, and was priced right for the market. We saw it that afternoon and made a full-price offer that evening.

You'd think the sellers would be delighted. Nope. They assumed they'd underpriced the house and went to great lengths to try to kill the deal and make us walk away. We had to fight them for three months and threaten to sue before we were able to close.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
It's a fair price. No regerts

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
I agree I do it all the time. I don't want contact after contact about most of the stuff I sell so I price it to sell and get rid of things quick.

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

I have never had a regert. I probably wouldn't even know one if I saw one. Razz

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Anything is worth what the seller is willing to sell it for and/or the buyer is willing to pay.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hey!
Hold my beer!
Picture of rkight3
posted Hide Post
My motor blew in my NBS 2007 Silverado.(5.3l with DOD) I listed it for $3000. It sold in less than 15 minutes, the guy came 85 miles miles with a trailer. I had 17 people say "I want it" within the 5 hours it was for sale, before the guy picked it up.

I posted on facebook that I missed my truck already, and thought I sold it too cheap.

The guy texted late that day that he saw my post and offered to put a 4.8l (without DOD) and sell me back the truck for $5000. I agreed.

So far, pretty good. I found a few "shortcuts", but have dealt with them.

Point is, DEF sold it too cheap!

https://drive.google.com/file/...otX/view?usp=sharing <---- Too cheap?

Posts: 2395 | Location: Western Kentucky. | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
(5.3l with DOD)
What's a "DOD?"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
(5.3l with DOD)
What's a "DOD?"

Complete and utter garbage is what it is!!!!
Displacement on demand or Active Fuel Managment.
Switches between 4 and 8 cylinders!

————————————————

That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Try selling a $250 chair barely used for $25. 50 messages later, many offers for $5 and $10. Some idiots that lived 75 miles away, “I’ll give you ten dollars if you deliver it.”

I had some old bitch say she would buy it. She showed up, sat in the chair for 2 seconds, got up and left. She was at my house for less than ten seconds and didn’t say a word. WTF?

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think we have all been there at one point in time or also in my case, many points in time. I have had some cars,guns,etc., that seem to have sold themselves in no time and I thought about how much more I could have had and/or how long would I have to hold onto them if I listed it higher.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I just posted a craigslist ad for expensive over sized roll up exterior blinds. I intentionally under priced the items just to get rid of them. The fools who responded still wanted the price reduced AND, for me to deliver. Roll Eyes

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Why not just sell everything real estate style?

List it for a low enough price to get interest, and then start a form of bidding war. Tell everybody interested to submit their highest and best offer above your listed price for your consideration.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15692 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
Why not just sell everything real estate style?

List it for a low enough price to get interest, and then start a form of bidding war. Tell everybody interested to submit their highest and best offer above your listed price for your consideration.

Had no clue there would be that much interest and kind of thought the price may be high.

Got a few more things to put up for sale. Guess we’ll see how price goes on these.

————————————————

We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
I recently sold my old excavator. It wasn’t a bad machine but wasn’t exactly what I needed anymore and was beginning to have more and more issues. I listed it on Facebook marketplaces here in the area at what I thought was a pretty fair price. You would’ve thought I was selling the cure for cancer as I had so many responses in less than four hours. Some were folks I knew and the first guy that checked it out wanted to buy and agreed to a price but had to “clear it with his business partner”. Naturally that fell through and a few more folks came and checked it out before a gentleman bought it and my trailer which I hadn’t even listed yet as I didn’t want to sell it without having a way to move the machine if I needed to. I ended up delivering the whole package to him the next day. We haggled a little which I anticipated. Actually, I pretty much require haggling as I think it’s a skill. Meanwhile my wife, the attorney, hates haggling and would pay msrp for a car if I wasn’t there. I probably could’ve gotten a few more dollars had I held out or priced it higher but I felt like it was a fair deal for everyone. Since then the gentleman that bought it has contacted me about buying an old house I own near him so I guess he was satisfied with our deal. I’m glad it’s gone and I’ve since replaced it with a newer bigger machine. Hindsight is 20/20 but the future is not.

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1893 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
i think 50 was a good sale. you never know when people are going to want something. it defies logic

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hey!
Hold my beer!
Picture of rkight3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
(5.3l with DOD)
What's a "DOD?"

Complete and utter garbage is what it is!!!!
Displacement on demand or Active Fuel Managment.
Switches between 4 and 8 cylinders!

Yeah,that! Garbage! The 4.8 is doing great though, and 2 MPG more than the 5.3 with DOD.

Posts: 2395 | Location: Western Kentucky. | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post