SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Dominos.....holy balls of fire
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dominos.....holy balls of fire Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I get iced coffee at McDonald's and DO NOT like sugar in my coffee and they CANNOT seem to comprehend when I say: "I'll have a large iced coffee, just cream"

<Long pause at speaker at drive in>

"You want cream and sugar in that?"

Me: "NO! JUST CREAM. Iced coffee with JUST CREAM!"

<another pause>

"So, no liquid sugar?"

Me (getting exasperated): "YES"

"OK, so I have a large iced coffee, no liquid sugar and no cream"

Me: *&^%#&^%@! "IT'S NOT THAT HARD!" I want a coffee, with NO SUGAR IN IT, AND JUST CREAM IN IT!"

it's gotten to the point where I will not drive away before sticking the straw in it and doing a taste test, because after all that, half the damn time I get it and it's got EXTRA %$#*ing SUGAR in it!

And they want 15 bucks an hour for this incompetence? No frigging way!

Posts: 33606 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Four of us order through the drive-through. We were thirsty, so just ordered sodas. Then came the auto-question, "Would you like anything to drink with that?" We pulled up to the window with tears in our eyes (it had been a long drive).

The taker was too embarrassed to look us in the eye, so her co-worker handled the rest of the order.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
was at the ball park - 15yo(?) at the concession stand had the fastest thumbs (texting) I had ever seen
they had wings for a quarter, I told to give me $2.00 worth - she had to get out a calculator...WTF

and Para, you might have been that clueless... kindergarten ?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 1996 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Costco a week ago.

The employee had a $400.00 phone , I asked her to calculate the cost per roll on the toilet paper.

so 36 rolls at $17.00 per bale
she got it wrong four times. Eek

She was about 26 or so, I showed her how to divide it out on her fancy schmancy , more calculating power than the apollo space craft,
phone thing. Roll Eyes

It's not fair to point fingers at people that never got an education , its cruel and rude.

Until you are paying them to provide intelligence .

I am the bottom rung on the I.Q. ladder but I try not to put myself in the position of proving it on a regular basis.

thanks for putting up with me

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Related but not exactly the same:

I was in a cafeteria where they have a salad line for $0.47 per ounce. Next to it, they have a hot food service line for $7.50 per pound.

So, a lot of people were wondering if they could put hot food / salad on the same plate or if they needed to use separate plates. Turns out, it's the same cost per ounce.

Why the hell doesn't the food service provider just put the costs in the same denomination?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Costco a week ago.

The employee had a $400.00 phone , I asked her to calculate the cost per roll on the toilet paper.

so 36 rolls at $17.00 per bale
she got it wrong four times. Eek

She was about 26 or so, I showed her how to divide it out on her fancy schmancy , more calculating power than the apollo space craft,
phone thing. Roll Eyes

It's not fair to point fingers at people that never got an education , its cruel and rude.

I am the bottom rung on the I.Q. ladder but I try not to put myself in the position of proving it on a regular basis.

She should have used bendable math.
= 50 cents per roll and the last two are free. Wink

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I read posts of this nature, I recall how I learned to exist in a business setting. I had a paper route. Very instructive.
What I discovered and learned:
1- Poor customer service meant for pissed off customers. Who then refused to tip me. And ratted me out to my boss. And my old man.
2- Delivery failure caused me problems. If the paper was not clean, dry, unchewed by their dog or not put where they wanted it, I had unhappy customers.
3- I learned to deal with dead beats. No pay? No paper!
4- I learned to deal with official corruption and oppression. The local cops (who later in life I joined) thought their paper should be free. Wrong. I was threatened with bodily harm. No justice, no paper!
5- Equipment upkeep was a must. If my bike crapped out, I was fooked.
6- Making correct change was a requirement. If I couldn't, I did not get paid until I could.
7- Weather conditions can effect service.
8- Discretion often equates to good customer service. This was evident when I would encounter my customers having sex. This occurred because in those days most people wanted their paper brought into the house.
8- Lastly, and perhaps most important, I learned that if you take on a job, see it through.
It was all very educational. But since not too many people read the newspaper anymore, that opportunity may be lost to kids today.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
And they want $15/hr. Roll Eyes

And they can’t manage to make a plain cheeseburger when ordered....

No one in fast food understands “plain cheeseburger.” NO ONE! Mad

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Costco a week ago.

Have to agree, sometimes we get too caught up in the arguments on education, desire, effort, and forget some folks are just wired differently.

Better to explain it and educate than insult and embarrass them, that only makes it even harder for some folks to move forward.

Posts: 23242 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
She should have used bendable math.
= 50 cents per roll and the last two are free. Wink

Big Grin Big Grin

I also taught her how to check her math by multiplying

( me ! teaching some one math , the world has turned on its axis)

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
The one that always gets me is ringing up something like $5.25 so you give them $6.25. They give you the quarter back and then change.

I rarely pay cash for anything anymore.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

<Long pause at speaker at drive in>

<snip>

I will not drive away before sticking the straw in it and doing a taste test, because after all that, half the damn time I get it and it's got EXTRA %$#*ing SUGAR in it!

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um30Lbu6-nc

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobC2:
I had someone at a Dominos out in the country ask me to spell my name after I gave it to them for the order. It's Bob. B-O-B

Sorry but you could you spell that again? I think I wrote it backwards.

Years ago, morning commute, drove through a Jack in the box. Waiting at the window, food was done, the power went out, I handed the girl cash. She looked like the world ended.

"Can't you open the register?"

"Yes."

"So what's the problem?"

"The power is out and it can't tell me how much change to give."

I had to teach her to count up from the cost.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Makes you appreciate Chick-fil-A even more.

There's really no reason to eat anywhere else. You can live on chicken, waffle fries and sweet tea.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
And they want $15/hr. Roll Eyes

And they can’t manage to make a plain cheeseburger when ordered....

Asked for a "plain cheeseburger" once. Pimpled face behind the counter asked if I wanted cheese on it... Roll Eyes YEA, Einstein, otherwise it would be a plain hamburger!

Sent my daughter to the concession stand with a dollar coin for the all day sucker she wanted. We get the coins from the change machine at work and all else I had was a $20. She came back with no sucker and the explanation that they they only take "real" money.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I actually think Dominos has increased their status in the world by ten....

When I was a kid Pizza Hut was king... Now they are the worst of the worst. flat dough, greasy, pulls apart (except on teh cut marks) and kills the stomach....

Dominos actually has menu choices, good prices, pan pizza, and doesn't leave me on the toilet.

I'm sorry your local place isn't good.

Here, they have MASSIVELY reinvented themselves to the point where it is actually my preferred pizza place, with Papa Johns's as a close second. Mostly because Papa John's has GREAT coupons.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Kinda the same here. And you’re spot on about Pizza Hut. I haven’t eaten there in over 10 years because of the indigestion it causes. Going there as a kid was a big deal.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Not Dominos, but I know the type.

I recently stopped at a place and my bill came to $16.45. I gave the girl a $20, a $1 and .45 cents so I would get $5 back instead of singles and change.

She was completely stumped. I explained it to her and she still did not understand. I finally pulled up the calculator on my phone and showed her that $21.45-16.45=$5. Roll Eyes

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Me: "I'll take a #1, no tomato, with a coke"

Cashier: "Do you want the meal?"

I, assumed, I asked for the meal, when I said #1....

Me: "Yes, the meal."

Followed by...

Cashier: "What would you like to drink with that?"

Roll Eyes

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post