SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Dominos.....holy balls of fire
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dominos.....holy balls of fire Login/Join 
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted
What a Clusterf***.

So, this kid

just took our order.

Couldn't pronounce provolone

When my wife read him her card's expiration date, she said with the name of the month and then the year e.g. July

He asked her to repeat in numerals, e.g., "7/18"

I guess this is the downside of 'full employment', that people who couldn't get their GEDs are in charge of cash registers and customer service.

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's crazy how much the standards keep getting lowered... in my area they recently lowered the requirements to graduate high school. Then, shortly after, were patting themselves on the back for the 'highest graduation rates ever!', and then gave t h.g e school superintendent a raise. Seriously.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1211 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Minimum wage, minimum results.

Posts: 9957 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
And I thought this was going to be about dem bones.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
And they want $15/hr. Roll Eyes

Posts: 20084 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Order using the app. You can even pay. Only interaction you need is picking up the order. The app tells you when it’s done even.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Yes, it’s not getting any better.

Had one take my money in a drive-thru a while back. The machine told her what to give me back and she turned to me and said “I don’t have any pennies” (long pause). Not that the the 2-3 cents would make that much difference, I still replied “That’s not my problem, I’ll wait”.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Why the hell would you ever be talking to someone at Domino's?

Multi-level question........

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12406 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
And they want $15/hr. Roll Eyes

And they can’t manage to make a plain cheeseburger when ordered....

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kskelton:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gustofer:
And they want $15/hr. Roll Eyes[/QUOTE

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Next time you should consider ordering pizza instead of dominos Razz

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I've been to several fast food restaurants where the cashiers were honest to god illiterate.

You have to spell your name very slowly for them and they STILL mash the wrong letters.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the risk of being flamed-I just started working as a gun store clerk. Point of sale ain't as easy as you might think. But, I guess selling a gun has a bit more complexity than a pizza.

Now that I work in a gun store-

Did ya know a .45 will tear a man's arm clean off?

Posts: 17140 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
I had someone at a Dominos out in the country ask me to spell my name after I gave it to them for the order. It's Bob. B-O-B

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobC2:
I had someone at a Dominos out in the country ask me to spell my name after I gave it to them for the order. It's Bob. B-O-B

Knock, knock, who's there? Bob, Bob who?
Bob up & kiss my ass.

Sorry, I just had to use it.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Went to Dairy Queen here a year or so ago, ordered something, the register showed 46 cents was my change. College age girl running the register had to whisper something in her coworker’s ear, to which he replied “a quarter, two dimes and a penny”.

Pitiful.

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My idea of fun is to tell the kid, right off the bat ,
This is to go

and then we wait for them to ask us if this is for here or to go .

about 75% of the time we get asked

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
True story, I told it here a few years ago: I had to run an errand from work, so I stopped at a fast food joint to pick up some lunch for the crew. They had chicken strips in boxes of four or six strips. I figured that ten strips would do the job, so that's what I asked for.

Counter girl: "We don't have ten. We only have four or six."

V-Tail: "If Freddie had four chicken strips and Suzy had six chicken strips, how many chicken strips would they have all together?"

Counter girl bursts into tears.

Manager comes out and demands to know what's going on. V-Tail is so flabbergasted that words do not come out of his mouth. Man behind me in line tells the manager what happened. Manager tells counter girl to take a break and pull herself together, gives V-Tail one box of four strips, one box of six strips, refuses payment, and says "This is what HR gives me to work with, and they expect me to run this place. I'm sorry for the trouble, we'll try to do better on your next visit."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Last night I took munchkin to the drive through for some ice cream. He helped me building a section of fence in the 98 degree heat all day. We ordered Reeses Blasts. Guy brings out Oreo's. I tell him we ordered Reeses and it clearly shows it on the receipt.

He says he will bring us out the correct ones asap. 5 minutes later he comes back with Oreo blasts........I looked at munchkin and he said, Dad oreo is fine and just shook his head.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, yet another member of the Junior Rocket Surgeon Internship Program. Yeesh, was I ever that clueless?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post