SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Trite expressions on the forum
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trite expressions on the forum Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Some older ones, mostly gone...

"Something's brewing..."

"Barrak HUSSEIN Obama!!!"

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
that'll buff right out

He was doing what he loved.

Hickory Shampoo

Pass the popcorn (but I admit people use a meme for this now)

I thought I'd ask the braintrust (I guess that's all of us)

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Five pages and I’m surprised nobody has said, “I’m surprised nobody has said....” Big Grin

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
IBTL.

Seriously, what’s the point of posting it?

You look like an even bigger dork when the thread doesn’t get locked.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Plus, it's a prohibited acronym.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
“What do we like for”. Every time someone posts a thread saying that I want to bitch slap someone.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Have we mentioned "School me?"

Or even worse, "Educamate me?"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
"Learn me..."

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Well, a $50 fine for using a trite expression should take care of this terrible problem. Smile

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
"Methinks."

Shakespeare has been dead for how long now? Roll Eyes

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
That's gonna leave a mark.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Emphasizing.
One's.
Point.
Like.
This.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:

"Methinks." Shakespeare has been dead for how long now? Roll Eyes
Is anyone else getting tired of seeing posts that are written in iambic pentameter?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

"Methinks." Shakespeare has been dead for how long now? Roll Eyes
Is anyone else getting tired of seeing posts that are written in iambic pentameter?

Oh, rats! I think I missed those, having been distracted by the whole "methinks" thing. Iambic pentameter could be even more fun than Haiku.... Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Has "low round count" been mentioned, yet?

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

Oh, rats! I think I missed those, having been distracted by the whole "methinks" thing. Iambic pentameter could be even more fun than Haiku.... Big Grin
Haiku is for amateurs. We're moving on to sonnets.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
I thought I was the only one here irritated by guberment, goobermint, and .gov

Spell it out - government. As in federal government. Not Federal. No need to capitalize federal or every other noun or verb. The rules of capitalization have gone out the window.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
The rules of capitalization have gone out the window.

They were chased out by the apostrophe's.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
“I was taught ….”

That expression really annoys me. What you were taught doesn’t matter. People were “taught” that the Earth is flat; that the only reason birds can fly is because Allah holds them up in the air; that Stalin, Hitler, and Kim Il Sung were great and admirable men; and countless other things that aren’t true. If you believe putting your finger on the trigger before the intention to shoot is unsafe, have the confidence to say, “Don’t put your finger on the trigger; it’s unsafe”; not, “I was taught to keep my finger off the trigger.”

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“better off spending the money on ammo and training”

Posts: 7346 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post