SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Trite expressions on the forum
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trite expressions on the forum Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted
I’m not exposed to the minor annoyances most people complain about because I don’t watch teevee, listen to talk shows on the radio, or subscribe to left wing periodicals. But because the forum is one of my sources of news, I can’t avoid the overused expressions and comments that infest so many of the threads. I don’t usually object to the sentiments being expressed, but geez: how about a little originality once in a while?

A few examples:

“If you made the story up, no one would believe it.”
“That will (or won’t) buff out.”
“He was turning his life around.”
Any reference to an exploding head.
“Dindunuffin’”
Any reference to “booger hooks” and “bang switches.”
Any reference to “Bubba” (unless it’s a real person).
Any mention of global warming in discussions about cold weather or snow. (For some reason, however, it’s never mentioned in reference to heat waves or wildfires. Strange. Roll Eyes )
“A solution in search of a problem.”
Any reference to someone’s having to change his underwear after a scary event.
“You’re overthinking it.” (Yeah, no thinking about complex questions allowed. Roll Eyes )

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Bless your heart Big Grin

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23209 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Bless your heart

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Hold my beer and watch this.
Smile

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Hookers and blow

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, relax, it is what it is.

Bob

Posts: 1572 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Just sayin' Wink

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
She Who Must Be Obeyed.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Boating accident

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Who?
Furniture (dang that's lame)
"running"
Any cutesy name for a gun ending in "y"...Mossy, Remmy, Shotty...Grow the fuck up already.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15207 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
‘Don’t get me wrong’. ‘It is what it is’.

‘That said’.

The list goes on & on. It’s best to be good at ignoring stuff, otherwise it’s to easy to get annoyed.

Disregard.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Lost in a boating accident

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14034 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
You're gonna need a bigger boat.

Posts: 10908 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Yer Momma

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
'Platform'

'Breaks like glass/smooth as buttah'

'Tactical'

'Begs the question' (when it actually doesn't)

'Playing Devils Advocate' (when they actually aren't)

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“Running” as in what scope are you running on your AR?

Posts: 1061 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
The phrase dealing with Religion that shall not be named....but uttering it is an instant thread lock.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
"sub-MOA, all day long, as long as I do my part..."

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
What do we like?
For fuck’s sake.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
School me on......

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post