SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Midway USA... *sigh*... I *Tried* To Give You More Business. Update: And They Disappoint Again
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Midway USA... *sigh*... I *Tried* To Give You More Business. Update: And They Disappoint Again Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
Figured it'd be wise to have a couple spare mags for my new-to-me Colt Defender. Idly searched on 'em, last night, while watching TV. Lo and behold: They're on clearance at Midway USA for $16.

Head over there this morning. Check my wish list. The PACT Club Shot Timer 3 is on it, and now it's in stock. (They never did send me the notification.) $140. It's $125 at Amazon w/free shipping. Open a dialogue with Midway. "No, we can't price match, but we are offering free shipping on orders over $49 right now."

<ponders...> I don't really need that timer that bad, so what else...? How about another mag for the P210 Target? Hmmm... $45.50. $40 at Top Gun, but with the free shipping...

Then I hit "Details" on the free shipping offer. Yeah, only applies to orders placed on items at "regular price."

*sigh*... Never mind, Midway. I don't need the P210 magazine, right now, either. I'll just buy the mags that are on sale and pay the $4.50 in shipping.

I like Midway USA, but talk about How To Discourage Customers...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ensigmatic,

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You make things too complicated like this and you will lose customers. I like it when they tell you about ALL the costs upfront.

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I'm really liking Brownell's, the only gripe I have with them is the out of stock conditions that seems to be common at least on what I want to order.

I signed up online with them, they have various specials. I bought my AR upper, a blem on special for 99 dollars. They had an offer, 10 percent off any purchase over 49 dollars and free shipping. So I order it expecting that I would see the free shipping only and no discount on the upper due to it being already discounted an additional amount over regular blem sale price. I was wrong, discount applied and free shipping to boot.

They are becoming my go to place.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Check with these sites: https://gunmagwarehouse.com/ or https://joes1911magmania.net/

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Midway is good about getting stuff to me pretty quickly.
But the spam multiple times a day is nutz.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I went with Brownells Edge shipping subscription ($49.95 / year with free 2 day shipping) and haven't used Midway in forever.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
And once again Midway has annoyed me, meaning next time, if it's close between them and Amazon: Amazon will likely get the business.

Ordered $160 worth of stuff late Saturday. Paid $7.70 for shipping. Ok, fine. Late Saturday and "slow boat from China" for shipping. Didn't expect miracles. But here it is Monday evening and UPS still doesn't have the package.

There's no excuse for sitting on a $160 order for a business day.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're upset because an order you placed over the weekend didn't ship on Monday?

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:

You're upset because an order you placed over the weekend didn't ship on Monday?
Did not ship by end of business Monday. A full business day should be enough for a competent business to get a package ready for United Parcel, or FedEx, or USPS.

Top Gun can do it. Amazon can do it. Midway can't do it?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Did not ship by end of business Monday. A full business day should be enough for a competent business to get a package ready for United Parcel, or FedEx, or USPS.

This ^^^^^, exactly.

And they will be hearing about it today.

Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
I ordered 5 of these mags, the Colts on clearance, and I got free shipping.

quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Figured it'd be wise to have a couple spare mags for my new-to-me Colt Defender. Idly searched on 'em, last night, while watching TV. Lo and behold: They're on clearance at Midway USA for $16.

Head over there this morning. Check my wish list. The PACT Club Shot Timer 3 is on it, and now it's in stock. (They never did send me the notification.) $140. It's $125 at Amazon w/free shipping. Open a dialogue with Midway. "No, we can't price match, but we are offering free shipping on orders over $49 right now."

<ponders...> I don't really need that timer that bad, so what else...? How about another mag for the P210 Target? Hmmm... $45.50. $40 at Top Gun, but with the free shipping...

Then I hit "Details" on the free shipping offer. Yeah, only applies to orders placed on items at "regular price."

*sigh*... Never mind, Midway. I don't need the P210 magazine, right now, either. I'll just buy the mags that are on sale and pay the $4.50 in shipping.

I like Midway USA, but talk about How To Discourage Customers...

Posts: 1579 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

But Larry has the 'Nitro Express'. Roll Eyes

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
quote:
quote:

I had to look that one up.

https://www.midwayusa.com/pres...open-letter-from-ceo

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Larry needs to get their provisioning system fixed. I was about to call 'em and pitch a bitch and thought "I best check UPS' shipping status, first." Good thing I did, because, without any further notification, the package actually entered the shipping stream at 12:18 a.m. this morning.

It's projected to arrive in a timely manner.

So they kinda sorta got it shipped yesterday--missing by a mere 18 minutes. I'll withdraw my second bitch Smile

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

Set up a filter in your email, and have Midway's emails dropped either into a Midway folder or straight into the trash. Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

Set up a filter in your email, and have Midway's emails dropped either into a Midway folder or straight into the trash. Wink

I have a folder named "Adverts." And, yup: That's where Midway's, Brownell's, Primary Arms' and others' incessant advertising goes. My mailbox would be utterly worthless, otherwise.

Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I had to look that one up.

https://www.midwayusa.com/pres...open-letter-from-ceo

Watching the Outdoor Channel's 'Wednesday Night at the Range' gun shows, commercials for the Nitro Express were shown often. I don't know if they still show it or not though.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
they are also charging tax and im not in their state..i cancelled an order bc of the 'tax' bs

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bolo4tom:

they are also charging tax and im not in their state..i cancelled an order bc of the 'tax' bs
Actually, online merchants are supposed to collect sales tax for the jurisdiction where the item is delivered to the buyer, and remit that collected tax to the taxing authority in the buyer's area. Supposed to do this, but very few do it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bolo4tom:

Then you're going to find yourself cancelling a lot of online orders: States will be able to charge sales tax on online purchases thanks to the Supreme Court

Excerpt:
quote:

In a five-to-four decision issued today, the Supreme Court ruled that states can make online businesses collect sales taxes — even if they don’t have a physical presence in that state.

Today’s ruling overturns a decision from the Court in 1992 that paved the way for the explosion of online retail in the United States.

Note that was twelve months ago.