SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Lego Masters on Fox
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lego Masters on Fox Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted
Well I didn’t think anything could top ‘Deputy’ with the lesbian, sorry non-binary, sorry I don’t even know what we want to call these people it, or they? Anyway, I only saw that Deputy shit on one of the TV’s at the gym while I was lifting. I do not watch commercial television at home (hate the ads) and haven’t for well over 20 years now.

So this week I see grown adults building Legos and I’m like wtf is this shit? Oh it’s on Fox just like Deputy. Again I’m at the gym lifting weights when this is on the TV. I guess the tv by the dumbbells is permanently on FOX. I glanced at it thinking it was a commercial only for later between sets viewing it again I see “LEGO MASTERS!” Legos are a child’s toy, and they have now made a reality tv show for adults where they compete building shit out of Legos. I had to look this shit up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/..._(American_TV_series)

This is society and TV now? What’s next, a prime time show of adults playing Candy land?

And I’ll tell ya. Fox is straight fuckin’ killing it with this shit. Like 2 Goats at the fair.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12616 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I enjoy to do legos.
Granted I have small children and likely would not do them without them.

But we’ll be dropping some big coin on them eventually.
https://www.lego.com/en-us/pro...bugatti-chiron-42083

Currently I just buy random pieces by the pound so they can just free play.
Our 6 year old is the oldest and is just getting the hang of the smaller kits.

Many folks say the same thing about video games but apparently there is big money in watching adults play video games.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25405 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a hobby like anything else for most, or serious business for some people who find a way to make money from it. How is it any different than grown ups playing with trains, model airplanes, etc.?

Posts: 2477 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Saw the show. Looks more like it is 3D Minecraft instead of Lego building. Minimal thought, just push the bricks together like the computer says...

Yeah, the contestants being an over represented cross sections of society gets old. I'll give you that.

There are a few that like to spend time with their kids and build things with them. Helps the young ones figure out problems and finding solutions. Also gives them some family time as opposed to pushing a phone into their face and walking away.

The past few weeks I spent with my nephew building tanks, artillery, halftracks, and airplanes. Suddenly, we ran out of airplanes. Wink

Posts: 9139 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

I can't wait for a reality show about "bronies," i.e., grown men who play with the My Little Pony toys. An episode of Bob's Burgers lampooned this. Or furries.

Posts: 27922 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
At least they weren't building crap out of matchsticks. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14033 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I thought it was a joke when I heard talk of a zit popper doctor show. Somebody has lost their damn mind

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's heartening to see the activity in my new small-town neighborhood. The kids are all out in the sun, playing basketball, baseball, and football. Legos are great toys, I sometimes play with them BUT a tv show?

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you think the zit popper Doc is gross, try out "Monsters Inside Me" on Animal Planet. Eek
I only lasted about 10 minutes with Lego Masters.
The teams gagged me.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16063 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Might be better if they had the contestants step on the LEGOs eh?

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Puckpilot78:
Might be better if they had the contestants step on the LEGOs eh?

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
One of the "contestants" is from our county. I think he wore a dress on one of the shows. Makes me glad i haven't had TV at our house for about 25 years now.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I refuse to watch “reality” tv shows. Watched the first season of Survivor. That’s it.

Networks way to fill prime time tv on the cheap.

Posts: 794 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
summer 2006 Mall of America /twin cities Michigan saw a Lego store that had a life size motocross bike and rider in a full jump position.. looked so lifelike.. photo would not do it justice... drill sgt.

Posts: 1997 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ducked in for a few minutes of this show last night, was not impressed.

I guess I really dont know what I wanted it to be, but it seemed like the whole show revolved around a bunch of freak show people and their whiny personalities rather than actually making cool Lego items.

I was watching this through the prism of hoping that it would be something that my 5 year old could get into but it wasn't even close.

The people on the show reminded me of that star trek meme in the meme thread, " so you guys are from Portland?"

Posts: 326 | Registered: January 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
"Reality" TV isn't, and it's trash.

LEGOs are fucking dope, and as an adult with a credit card, I can't go down that aisle at WalMart or I might buy myself a Millennium Falcon.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was hoping for forged in fire, but it's ink master. All the drama, none of the cool.
If you have a small museum nearby, watch for exhibits of large-scale Legos - the aircraft carrier & LST were awesome in person - 15-20' long. All the smaller sets around it were really cool too.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been put off the show by the bearded dude in a dress. it went from possibly being a family show to a freakshow. why does everything have to be SJW'd? my son loves building legos and I like to build things with him.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post