SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Incorrect PIN...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Incorrect PIN... Login/Join 
posted
Got issued a new debit card from my primary bank. Two weeks with no access to funds in the interim. Since my employer REQUIRES direct deposit, I am basically broke. Have to go to the ATM to activate new card and now I get "incorrect PIN" message and still unusable card. Pin has been the same since I opened the damn account 15 years ago.
I am honestly considering emptying my accounts and going to a competitor across town.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
I am honestly considering emptying my accounts and going to a competitor across town.

You'll probably need your PIN to do that. Wink

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^ No, this will be an in person act even if it requires me to take a vacation day to do it. Just so I can tell them exactly what I think of their idiocy.

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I am guessing you have a bank that does not have a branch convenient enough for you to visit during lunch.

I chose a bank with longer hours than normal and that had several branches close. I hated leaving my last bank as they treated me awesome but they didn't have a location close enough to be practical.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the new replacement card has a new PIN. I remember in the past, when I received a new card, there would be separate mail with the new PIN. Not enclosed with the card, but in a sparate mailing, for security purposes.

If you go into a branch, they should be able to reset the PIN for you, a number that you pick.

Yes, it might be an inconvenient pain in the ass, but it's a one-time thing and then you're all set.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
^ No, this will be an in person act even if it requires me to take a vacation day to do it. Just so I can tell them exactly what I think of their idiocy.

I have to type in my PIN (at the bank) to access my safe deposit box.

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Try to find a bank or credit union that has same-day service for cards. My credit union allows any branch to cancel or print new debit and credit cards or reset PINs immediately for customers. I've had to do this twice in the last two years and it's amazingly more convenient than when I was with Wells Fargo.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Orguss, sounds like a good idea. Will inquire of my next institution.

V-Tail you are correct. Called them today and was told there will be another letter with new pin #. I suspected as much, but it still would've been nice if they would have either told me this when they canceled my last card or put it in the envelope with the new card. All I got was "must be activated at ATM before use."

My bank was convenient enough when I worked a set schedule, but now bankers hours and my screwed up sleep schedule means about one week a month I can go before work. Why I like the damn card. Use ATM or just use card anytime. No need to see a person.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
put it in the envelope with the new card.

Not sure you would have preferred that in every scenario.... Eek

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^ Included in the envelope a statement that I would have to wait for a new pin number, not the actual pin number. I understand the security reasons for sending separately, but the lack of communication of info pisses me off.