SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Gun magazines that have no markings on them
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun magazines that have no markings on them Login/Join 
posted
I have been going through boxes and drawers pulling out a bunch of extra mags I've had throughout the years. It pisses me off when I run into a mag that has no markings on it. At least stamp your company name, caliber, model, SOMETHING that might help identify what its for

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Probably U.S.A. magazines. They're worse than garbage.

Q

Posts: 26317 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ehh I'm thinking its an HK Vp70z magazine, but I'm too lazy to leave the computer to go grab a VP70z out of the safe so figured I'd bitch about it in here instead. I will figure it out.. Just think its silly to make an item and not at least stamp your company name on it. Pretty much every item in any market has some kind of markings on it even if its just the manufacturer.

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
What you have is a very rare and collectible hk magazine used by German special forces that are inserted by halo into countries and carry out clandestine raids. No markings are permitted on any equipment. Don’t you know nothing? Sell it on the forum for $1000.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
I own a gazillion (according to my wife) 1911s in multiple calibers with about a gazillion and a half magazines for them. In order to instantly recognize the right mag and not insert the wrong caliber mag in a gun I put a small color strip across the bottom of each mag with a different color for each caliber. Instant recognition. I find those little bottles of scratch repair paint sold at auto parts store works best.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 878 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Electric engraving gun . Made by Dremel . Write anything you want on the side of the mag . Will not interfere with the operation of it . Range mags can be marked on the bottom .

Posts: 4044 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a similar issue with holsters. I can usually tell what fits, but some makers don't put their name on. If I like a particular holster and want one for a different gun, I have no idea who made it.

Posts: 563 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: February 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sharpies are your friend. I mark both magazines and the inside of holsters. Even stamped magazines, its easier for me to read.

Posts: 549 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kho:
Sharpies are your friend. I mark both magazines and the inside of holsters. Even stamped magazines, its easier for me to read.
Exactly what I do. Especially like the silver Sharpie, its more like paint. I mark all of them, some I marked the caliber and capacity as well.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Magazines are a good use for the freebie name-address stickers that come in junk mail, that otherwise would be thrown out.

Posts: 15021 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post