SIGforum
Gun magazines that have no markings on them

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/8400096374

August 20, 2020, 08:51 PM
Kskelton
Gun magazines that have no markings on them
I have been going through boxes and drawers pulling out a bunch of extra mags I've had throughout the years. It pisses me off when I run into a mag that has no markings on it. At least stamp your company name, caliber, model, SOMETHING that might help identify what its for

www.OneStopFirearms.com
August 20, 2020, 09:09 PM
Probably U.S.A. magazines. They're worse than garbage.

Q

August 20, 2020, 09:16 PM
Kskelton
Ehh I'm thinking its an HK Vp70z magazine, but I'm too lazy to leave the computer to go grab a VP70z out of the safe so figured I'd bitch about it in here instead. I will figure it out.. Just think its silly to make an item and not at least stamp your company name on it. Pretty much every item in any market has some kind of markings on it even if its just the manufacturer.

www.OneStopFirearms.com
August 21, 2020, 05:59 AM
4MUL8R
What you have is a very rare and collectible hk magazine used by German special forces that are inserted by halo into countries and carry out clandestine raids. No markings are permitted on any equipment. Don’t you know nothing? Sell it on the forum for $1000.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...
August 21, 2020, 08:03 AM
low8option
I own a gazillion (according to my wife) 1911s in multiple calibers with about a gazillion and a half magazines for them. In order to instantly recognize the right mag and not insert the wrong caliber mag in a gun I put a small color strip across the bottom of each mag with a different color for each caliber. Instant recognition. I find those little bottles of scratch repair paint sold at auto parts store works best.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment
August 23, 2020, 06:55 AM
selogic
Electric engraving gun . Made by Dremel . Write anything you want on the side of the mag . Will not interfere with the operation of it . Range mags can be marked on the bottom .
August 28, 2020, 06:05 PM
Inusuit
I have a similar issue with holsters. I can usually tell what fits, but some makers don't put their name on. If I like a particular holster and want one for a different gun, I have no idea who made it.
September 01, 2020, 12:24 PM
kho
Sharpies are your friend. I mark both magazines and the inside of holsters. Even stamped magazines, its easier for me to read.
September 01, 2020, 04:42 PM
kramden
quote:
Originally posted by kho:
Sharpies are your friend. I mark both magazines and the inside of holsters. Even stamped magazines, its easier for me to read.
Exactly what I do. Especially like the silver Sharpie, its more like paint. I mark all of them, some I marked the caliber and capacity as well.
September 02, 2020, 08:35 AM
joel9507
Magazines are a good use for the freebie name-address stickers that come in junk mail, that otherwise would be thrown out.