SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    If You Are Going To Enter A Karma
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If You Are Going To Enter A Karma Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
<venting> Either make sure that there is an email contact in your profile, or respond to the karma thread when you are declared a winner.

How am I supposed to send this to you if I do not have an address for you? </venting>

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
They probably figured you would PM them once they won.

I like adding caveats such as:

"If you don't have an email posted or you don't contact me within 2 days of winning...NEXT."

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
They probably figured you would PM them once they won.

I like adding caveats such as:

"If you don't have an email posted or you don't contact me within 2 days of winning...NEXT."
Actually, I did state 3 days.

It was a multi-winner karma. All winners to date have been mailed out, except for the one entry that has gone radio silence.
I still have some left, so if anybody would like a "2020 Keep America Great" Trump bumper sticker, please contact me via the email address in my profile, make sure that you give me your SIGforum name, and your real name and mailing address. You may post an entry in my karma thread if you like, it might be nice to track the entries that way, but the important thing is that I know who to send it to, and where to send it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Vtail, I have the same problem.

I posted the winner 6 days ago, sent an email to his public email address that same day as well, and have not heard back.

Perhaps our respective winners are on vacation?

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:

Vtail, I have the same problem.

I posted the winner 6 days ago, sent an email to his public email address that same day as well, and have not heard back.
Yeah, I noticed yours, too.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
I didn’t post a response time like you did. I guess I’ll give him a little more time and then run the karmanator to select a new winner.

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:

I didn’t post a response time like you did. I guess I’ll give him a little more time and then run the karmanator to select a new winner.
Nah, you don't need to run the karmanator, just pick the next-to-last entry in your karma, you know, the one with the BMW R-65 motorcycle. Wink

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
People who do not read and follow simple instructions will never know they were the winners. I just pull the lever and move on to the next.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
They probably don’t know enough to search for their names when logging in.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19588 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I've done three karmas and had that happen twice. They actually had email addresses, but simply failed to respond in a timely manner.

One of 'em didn't respond until a week after the karmanator selected an alternate winner.

<coat tail vent>
Then there are the winners that never acknowledge receiving the item, much less thanking you for it. I was still happy to do it, and I didn't so much need the acknowledgement as... I mean: Didn't your parents ever teach you any manners?
</coat tail vent>

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

I've done three karmas and had that happen twice.
Two out of three ain't bad.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
Lately, I have sent email to several people who have listed their email as being a favored way to contact them. (non SFers)
Crickets.
I think it is now a form of the fake phone number you give out on a bad date.
Endless spam may be a factor in people ignoring email.
If it is not in the form of a text message, no one will respond.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
I don't get notifications to threads nor pm's to my gmail ...
This site won't send em.
So If I don't get a personal email I'd never know.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After enough time has gone by and they haven't responded......pick a lucky next in line from the thread and re-karma it to them...….

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

After enough time has gone by and they haven't responded......pick a lucky next in line from the thread and re-karma it to them...….
Thanks for the tip.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Picture of Rover88
posted Hide Post
V-Tail,
If you're trying to get me, my e-mail has been down for a few days. I can give you another address if you need.

Posts: 640 | Location: Johnstown, PA | Registered: February 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rover88:

V-Tail, If you're trying to get me, my e-mail has been down for a few days. I can give you another address if you need.
No, this was not addressed to you. I have your information, and your karma was mailed earlier this week. You're fine.

This was a multi-winner karma, some of the folks responded promptly, others it is like pulling teeth.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
what did I win ? Big Grin

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
what did I win ? Big Grin
Send me your mailing information to find out.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Call me, 867-5309...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post