SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    If You Are Going To Enter A Karma
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If You Are Going To Enter A Karma Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

Call me, 867-5309...
Area code 850?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30644 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No try Beachwood 4 5789. Dude remembers this, he is an octogenerian.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I'm at Pennsylvania 65000...

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
No try Beachwood 4 5789. Dude remembers this, he is an octogenerian.
Yeah, I am off a couple of decades...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:

I'm at Pennsylvania 65000...
You have won a free entry to my karma — the one where every entrant is a winner (until I run out of Trump 2020 bumper stickers).

For a double entry, tell us the significance of that phone number. Whose number is it and why was it used in that music?

Use the email address in my profile to send me your name and mailing address, and include your forum name in the message so I know who you are.

That goes for everyone who posts in this thread.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30644 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its the oldest number in NYC. The Pennsylvania Hotel. I think Glenn Miller played in the cafe, not sure. Nice digs.. Slick that hair back and hit the town!

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

The Pennsylvania Hotel. I think Glenn Miller played in the cafe
Mostly correct. Send me your name and mailing address to receive your prize.

In the Good Old Days, when ballroom dancing was popular and many larger hotels had ballrooms, Glenn Miller's band was the house band at the Pennsylvania, which later became the New York Statler.

The holtel's phone number was PEnsylvania 6-5000.

The telephone Central Office that served the PE 6 exchange was the first office in NYC to be switched from electromechanical to electronic. I was working at Bell Labs in NYC at that time, and was involved in that cutover Not directly hands-on, but I was one of the many engineers who contributed to the Bell System's first ESS (Electronic Switching System) central office design.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Pennsylvania Hotel.

This was also the location of the first Star Trek convention in NYC. At the time, the hotel was known as the Statler Hilton.

https://www.startrek.com/artic...treks-1st-convention

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mostly correct. Send me your name and mailing address to receive your prize.

^^^^^^^^
I am good. Karma that to Patrick. Appreciate your knowledge on the forum..

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Haveme1or2:
I don't get notifications to threads nor pm's to my gmail ...
This site won't send em.
So If I don't get a personal email I'd never know.
Let me see if I understand you correctly- you enter a karma, and you don't bother to check back in the karma thread to see if you've won. Do I understand you correctly? You can't receive notifications, so you know you won't find out that way, and you can't be bothered to click on the thread that you clicked on previously, which would allow you to see the results of the karma. Is that correct?

Why in the world would you enter a karma in the first place if you can't be bothered to follow up?

Posts: 107495 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Why in the world would you enter a karma in the first place if you can't be bothered to follow up?
My point, exactly. Thank you for the focused summary.

To make sure that we are clear, member "Haveme1or2" was (is) not an offender in my karma, I think that he was making a generalized response.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He took the time to make a statement like that in this thread. He's saying that he can't be bothered to follow up, after entering a karma, when he knows that the only way he'll find out is by checking the thread. I want him to explain this to me.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Haveme1or2, this is the very same thing you did the last time I asked you a question. I administer this forum. I have the right to ask questions of members in circumstances such as this. What's your problem? Do I scare you?