SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Feb 1. Tired of Winter
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Feb 1. Tired of Winter Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted
Guess this old body has reached the stage where 30 days of cold weather is enough. Even today's 50° temperature didn't appease me because the wind was blowing from the north, bringing the windshield factor down to 37°.

Drab, gray, soggy ground , short days, blah.
Have not been well the past few weeks, if you feel bad, cold weather doesn't help.

Tired of the cold.

Isn't it April yet?

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Reminds of a For Better Or Worse comic strip episode. Something along the lines of: if all you have to complain about is the weather, you live in a perfect world. Smile

I have that strip taped to my bathroom mirror. I look at it every morning.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The quiet druid
Picture of orion5
posted Hide Post
Just wait for Sunday. 5" coming.

o5

Posts: 746 | Location: Roanoke-ish | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Agree, now that deer season is over and it's too cold to fly fish. I'm compensating by ordering new rotors and brakes for the Land Cruiser, so will keep myself busy rebuilding the Birfield joints, I suppose.

And relentlessly mocking folks here, of course.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I don't like cold weather either, but realistically, I'm not out in it that much. My home, car and workplace all have heaters. What does suck is when it snows and it gets packed down forming ice, as well as freezing rain and black ice.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use to work outside in it. So glad I don't anymore, but I am sure you know that's when the dogs (esp. our huskies) want to be out in it. If it weren't for our male husky, I'd just let them out to play in the yard, but that's not enough for him. I still get my butt out & take him biking. It is 27 degrees here now with some decent wind but I'm getting ready to take him for his exercise cos I know it makes him happy. Me, not so much.
I can't stand being cold & it being dark by the time I get off work.

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
will keep myself busy rebuilding the Birfield joints, I suppose.

Now there's an interesting job. I've done one set, breaking them down completely. It was a good enough excuse to buy a pneumatic grease gun. Smile

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I hate the dog days of summer so I am good. A tad of sunshine this time of year is beneficial though. Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Currently 7 here in the Yoop. Sunny. Light breeze. 3 inches of lake effect for Saturday and overnight. Not over 10 degrees for at least the next week.
Only 2 more months of winter!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I don't like winter either but at 62 I hate wishing my life away. I think a good compromise would be for me to move south (at least in the winter) to a warmer climate.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Winter season in Arizona is "Snowbird Season" when roads, restaurants and shopping malls are clogged with......ya' know.

Is it April, yet.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
Drab, gray, soggy ground , short days, blah.
Have not been well the past few weeks, if you feel bad, cold weather doesn't help.

Tired of the cold.

Isn't it April yet?

I agree entirely. We've had holidays, we've had bitter cold, we've had [a skiff of] snow. That's winter. Now let's get on with longer, warmer days so I can actually get some work done!

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Someone today mentioned our partial sunshine and wondered if the groundhog would see his shadow. I pointed out that 1. we don’t have groundhogs here, and 2. that I’d be happy if winter was over in only six weeks. We can get snow in May, and usually do.

Not that I’m complaining, I choose to live here, after all, but shadows or not, the only question is how much snow will accumulate and therefore what the wildfire danger will be when summer finally arrives.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MagicHorse:
I use to work outside in it. So glad I don't anymore, but I am sure you know that's when the dogs (esp. our huskies) want to be out in it. If it weren't for our male husky, I'd just let them out to play in the yard, but that's not enough for him. I still get my butt out & take him biking. It is 27 degrees here now with some decent wind but I'm getting ready to take him for his exercise cos I know it makes him happy. Me, not so much.
I can't stand being cold & it being dark by the time I get off work.

This is the first winter I've not been able to spend time out with my Siberians. I had bronchitis in Nov/Dec, and have been plagued with acute undiagnosed shortness of breath since then.

Huskies don't understand humans with shortness of breath.

Normally, I would walk my Siberians 2 miles a day, wrapped up with only my eyes showing! Cool But , thankfully, they have a huge lot they can run in.

But as you know, there is never enough room for a Siberian to run !

And that vile rodent predicted 6 more weeks of winter!

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
LOL Big Grin

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was sick of winter on November 1st!

Posts: 792 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the winter. Clocks are set to the right time. No dealing with my crappy AC. Air smells good in the morning. Don't care for the snow/ice so much anymore but so it is.

Beats the hell out of a month of 90 degree/90% humidity weeks in August.

Posts: 31 | Registered: December 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Snowblowed about 1 thinking it stopped snowing. Round 2 started at 2:30. Got about three more damn inches of snow! Hate snow. I once thought it was something magical. Now it's horseshit ... just white.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I was cheated by El Niño out of even a semblance of a winter this year. And im pissy about it.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post