SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Idiot Home Buyer
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Idiot Home Buyer Login/Join 
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
This! I had a buyer once who wanted me to pump the septic tank even though there were NEVER any problems with the septic system. Told them they could either buy it as is or I was letting another person buy it. They bought it with no pumping. Smile

I don't understand this statement. You have to have the solids tank pumped every few years.

In my county it is required before the closing. You need to get a permit from the county to have it pumped and inspected. They actually make you replace a single chamber tank with a double chamber tank. Of course this new requirement came into effect 2 years after I bought my place...

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
This! I had a buyer once who wanted me to pump the septic tank even though there were NEVER any problems with the septic system. Told them they could either buy it as is or I was letting another person buy it. They bought it with no pumping. Smile

I don't understand this statement. You have to have the solids tank pumped every few years.

In my county it is required before the closing. You need to get a permit from the county to have it pumped and inspected. They actually make you replace a single chamber tank with a double chamber tank. Of course this new requirement came into effect 2 years after I bought my place...

That’s not true for all systems. Much depends on how much cooking has been done and how much grease, if any, is in the system, if the system has been properly maintained with Ridx or a similar product and even depends on how much hot water has been used. Septic pumping companies would have you believe pumping every few years is required, but it just isn’t always the case.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
That’s not true for all systems.

No shit?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12406 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:

No shit?

Ya! No Shit. Big Grin

Around here anyway, tanks are very seldom pumped. In ~18 years of plumbing / electrical service and repair work I only saw one that actually required it.

My current home is 42 years old, had a disposal and dishwasher and clothes washer since new, and the tank or field-line have never been pumped or given any trouble what-so-ever.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:

No shit?

I wouldn’t shit you, you’re my favorite turd! Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
I used the pool comment before sending her packing. Less than 24 hours later, I had competing offers. I accepted one for 8k OVER asking price. We shall see. At least my current realtor is actually working hard to sell my house. She has folks back to back walking through.

That's what its all about. If it's a sellers market, she's stupid to ask for stuff like that (unless she just wanted out of the deal.) In the buyer's market, it's hard to say no. Or if, like someone else posted, you as the seller have a contingent purchase coming up.

Glad its working out for you.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, it's not as frustrating as it could be. I own the house outright, and utilities and taxes are not excessive. I'm negotiating, I think, from a strong position.

Posts: 17140 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How much cost should one plan on incurring to have this home gone through?

electrical, plumbing, insulation, sewer to the street, foundation, roof,siding windows .
https://www.melfosterco.com/Ho...REET-Orion-IL-61273/

( what did I miss?)

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
It would seem to me, if the buyer had made an earnest deposit contingent on the home inspection, she would forfeit deposit if she didn't make the purchase (if you made the listed repairs). If you are selling without a deposit, she can walk for any reason. The mold remediation is a non-issue. Spend $500 to make the listed items and keep her deposit if she backs out.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
More than the need to pump the tank is the need to clean the filter.

I have a house that has a speced 4BR system. As I',m the only one here, two years is not needed. I have it done every three just to be on the safe side.

For about two hundred it's cheap insurance.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
I learned a lesson on the last house we purchased. Its all in the details.
This times 100.

Mrs. P and I are VERY specific in the language we use for the fixes on houses. We specify a number of details about acceptable companies and receipts must be furnished. We don't go after cosmetic or minor stuff, but major things we demand to be fixed by pros and not the cousin's brother-in-law who has tools.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
I have a contract on my house. It was inspected by a man known locally as the Deal Killer. The wife of the buyer is the daughter of a building contractor, so she “knows stuff.” The inspector hit me with about 500 bucks worth of petty crap. The buyer, however, demanded mold remediation. I pointed out that there was no mold discovered, so it could not be fixed. She insists it be treated for mold. In this state, if it wasn’t defective on the inspection the buyer cannot make it a condition of sale. We shall see. This is one evil, nasty, millennial bitch.

We recently sold a house in Roxboro. Idiot bitch started the whole shit sandwich with her offer, funded by conventional loan.

No big deal at that point. Yes, it required an inspection, no big deal.

Wrong! The idiot bitch decided to go VA loan without telling anybody including her agent. Whole different set of "rules" dealing with the VA.

"inspector" came up with 3 1/2 pages of "defects". Shit like the pull down stairs from the attic do not sit evenly on the floor. After WEEKS if screwing around the deal finally went through. My wife and daughter were handling the MCF. Yeah, I know.

We ended up spending a bunch, doing a LOT of misc. BS before it was over. At least we are out of the whole mess.

When I found out about her going VA, I told wife to cancel the deal as the bitch lied and we could not trust a damned thing she said.

We could have sold the place for 10K more than we finally got out of it dealing with the lying bitch. Oh well, only money and at least we are rid of the place and the associated headaches.

Oh, we originally bought the place, completely renovated it for resale. Suddenly, our youngest grandson moved in with the provision that he pay $770 per month rent. He paid about half that amount ONCE and lived there for 4 years.

We paid insurance, water & electric, taxes, etc etc etc.

Only good thing about the whole shit sandwich is that it is off my/our plate now.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:

Wrong! The idiot bitch decided to go VA loan without telling anybody including her agent.

There are many sellers who won't even deal with the VA in a good market, because they are SUCH a PITA to deal with.

Did they try to ding you for railings? VA inspectors are OBSESSED with railings. Confused

Posts: 33776 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went up there today with her defect list, even though I sent her down the road. The inspector said the disposal didn't work-turned on right away. Said the ceiling fan didn't work-the list goes on. I spent 4 hours there and corrected the crap that was wrong, like the light bulb in the range hood, all little crap. I have a service that inspects HVAC and plumbing twice a year free, so they came out and gave me sheets indicating inspection and functionality. I'm now waiting on an inspection by the new buyer, who offered significantly more money. I have high expectations.

Posts: 17140 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
It would seem to me, if the buyer had made an earnest deposit contingent on the home inspection, she would forfeit deposit if she didn't make the purchase (if you made the listed repairs). If you are selling without a deposit, she can walk for any reason. The mold remediation is a non-issue. Spend $500 to make the listed items and keep her deposit if she backs out.

In most cases the buyer can always get their deposit back. If the contingency only says “satisfactory home inspection” and something is found, anything really, they can claim it unsatisfactory and back out. I don’t think they need to allow it to be fixed. Usually they will since people aren’t usually looking ok’ing to back out. They just want it fixed or money back. This mold thing is bizarre and I’d think grounds for keeping the deposit.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12425 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post