SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People who lollygag at traffic lights
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People who lollygag at traffic lights Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Swap out factory horns with Hellas.

https://www.amazon.com/HELLA-0...keywords=hella+horns

Back in high school I had a semi custom Ford Van and I stuck a pair of 24" Hadley truck horns on the roof (complete with pull chain)....That would get slowpokes moving!

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I heard on comedian quip, “I haven’t seen a light turn green since I got a smartphone.”

It stuck with me as I thought it was a pretty apt representation of millions of people

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was vehicle number 5 stopped at a red light. The light turns green and miraculously everyone in front of me started to move. As I got my speed up the vehicle in front comes to a sudden stop,and I actually slid and almost rear ended it. When it starts moving again I was barely able to make it through the light, and see a middle aged lady having a conversation on the phone oblivious to anything. Apparently she was caught up in conversation and decided to stop in the middle of the road.

So now I leave a little more room between me and vehicles at start up.I need a dash cam.

In 43 years of driving this is the first time this has happened. This is why I don't drive distracted.

Posts: 12679 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
A few years ago I was stopped at a light a few cars back and the light turned green.
The idiot was texting through a green light in front of the rather seedy fellow in the POS in front of me.
Rather than blow his horn, he hopped out, grabbed her phone through her open window and hucked it into a parking lot, skipping it like a flat stone on a glass smooth lake.
He hopped back in his beat up Mad Max Taurus and drove around her.
Seeing the expression on her face was worth sitting through the light.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
At the light where you turn off the main road to head to my house there was a right turn lane. There was also a c store. People would stop and fuel up their rental car as it was the last station before EGLIN and the airport.
Three times I had Aholes pull out of the store and stop because the light was red and traffic was stopped, blocking me from turning to go home. Each time I pulled up as close as possible to the drivers door and just held the horn down.

Posts: 1223 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
Have none of you seen someone blow a yellowish red light? I have. I'll take a second or so to look. No points given for being "dead on" the "tree".

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:

...hopped out, grabbed her phone through her open window and hucked it into a parking lot, skipping it like a flat stone on a glass smooth lake...

Although I wouldn't consider such a thing due to legal ramifications, this man is my hero! Well played.

Another thing that burns my biscuits are the dumb shits that will run a stop sign to get in front of you and then only go 45 on a numbered highway. Mad

They do find out real quick that the front of my truck is equipped with 13,000 lumens (I think I need a light bar).

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 21bubba:
Have none of you seen someone blow a yellowish red light? I have. I'll take a second or so to look. No points given for being "dead on" the "tree".

Did you read my original post? It doesn’t look like it.

Posts: 26901 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
I'll see arfmel's point about not getting started and raise it those people that hit the brakes mid-turn. It never fails, the person in front of me finally decides to go; I'm making a nice, smooth turn while accelerating; and right at mid-turn the person in front of me hits the brakes. What are they thinking? Is it, "Oh no, oh no, OH NO, I'm going a whole 10-15 mph and turning, IT'S TOO FAST, I MUST HIT THE BRAKES!"?

Actually these ASSHOLES are hoping for a tap from behind, at which point every single occupant will fall out and roll on the ground screaming WHIPLASH. BTW, drove a Taxicab back in the 70's and saw this shit all the time in the shiftier parts of Columbus.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
If I am more than 3 or 4 cars back from the light I honk my horn as soon as the light turns green. Just a gentle tap, nothing too obnoxious, but it seems to do the trick. I am sure somebody in line is all pissed off about it but I am just trying to alert anyone with their head stuck in a phone that it is time to start paying attention.
If I can actually see that the non-mover is busy with a phone, there is noting subtle or polite about the way I use my horn.

Same here! I have had to swerve, radically, several times in the past few weeks to avoid being hit by some asswipe with their face stuck in their damned phone!

Our last asswipe governor vetoed a bill to make it illegal to be on the phone while driving. Maryland did it years ago. As a matter of fact, my truck was "bumped" by an asswipe when he changed lanes without signaling, and had his face stuck in his damned phone.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Two types.
The first is the one that slowly approaches a red light. The problem is that I’m trying to get into the left turn lane. By thetimes there’s room, it’s to late to trigger the left turn arrow.
There there’s the “invisible car.” The idiot sits there until There is enough room for another car in front of them.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
What about the idiots that stop one or two car lengths behind the stop line at the intersection? I've seen them sit there for what seems like 10 minutes before they decide to run the light. By the time they finally cross the stop line, the light miraculously turns green. What is the logic behind stopping so far back before the intersection?

Posts: 3381 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
quote:

Did you read my original post? It doesn’t look like it.

I was talking to the herd. Not simply you.

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just curious, what were you doing during the time before your light turned green that you need time afterwards to look around?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: trapper189,

Posts: 10932 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Ya know someone could make bucks creating an app for light changing, you'd run it all the time when driving and it would light up green when the light changes or sound a horn on the phone....

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:

Just curious, what were you doing during the time before your light turned green that you need time afterwards to look around?

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="360" src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/275662966" width="640"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

You apparently trust other drivers more than their abilities deserve.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
They're looking at a whole bunch of nothing on their precious little phone.

Pretty much every idiot that has delayed me at a green light change was on their phone, either looking at the screen or typing out a text.

They get the extended honk from me everytime, and astonishingly, I will at times get the middle finger thrown at me.

Folks like this need to be handcuffed against a chain-link fence and have rotted fruit thrown at them.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I judiciously apply my horn for green light phone idiots.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post