SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People who lollygag at traffic lights
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
People who lollygag at traffic lights Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted
What is it with people who shilly-shally around when there’s a long line of vehicles behind them at a traffic signal? I’m not talking about looking both ways before proceeding when the light turns green. I’m talking about the woolgathering asswipe who is number two or three in line and just can’t be bothered to step the hell on the gas and move out so a few other unfortunate commuters can also get through the light before it turns red again. I hope those clueless, self centered, inconsiderate jackasses step in used chewing gum on their way into the Kwik-Gyp. And I mean it.




 
Posts: 23096 | Location: Young American Teen Club | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
People who do not get up on it and execute at traffic lights, particularly left turns at traffic lights, deserve to have starving weasels stuffed down their pants.

[Peter Ustinov]Sudden, instant and even immediate death![/Peter Ustinov]



"We may consent to be governed, but we will not be ruled." - Kevin D. Williamson, 2012

"All the citizens of this land are of right freemen; they owe no allegiance to any class and should recognize no task-masters. Under the chart of their liberties, under the law of high heaven, they are free and without shackles on their limbs nor mortgages upon the fruits of their brain or muscles; they bow down before no prince, potentate, or sovereign, nor kiss the royal robes of any crowned head; they render homage only to their God and should pay tribute only to their Government. Such at least is the spirit of our institutions, the character of our written national compact."

Charles Triplett O’Ferrall of Virginia - In Congress, May 1, 1888
 
Posts: 9325 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Most of the time it's people who are on their phone waiting for the light to change, but don't actually pay attention to when the light changes.
 
Posts: 917 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
If I am more than 3 or 4 cars back from the light I honk my horn as soon as the light turns green. Just a gentle tap, nothing too obnoxious, but it seems to do the trick. I am sure somebody in line is all pissed off about it but I am just trying to alert anyone with their head stuck in a phone that it is time to start paying attention.




Georgia Carry Member Calguns Foundation Member Second Amendment Foundation Member NRA Lifetime Member

Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets. -bionic218 04-02-2014

 
Posts: 12851 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I have a bad habit of letting off the brake at the same time as the vehicle in front of the one directly ahead of me. A few times, I have had to hit the brakes from simply coasting too close to a lagger.



"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
 
Posts: 15648 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
If I am more than 3 or 4 cars back from the light I honk my horn as soon as the light turns green. Just a gentle tap, nothing too obnoxious, but it seems to do the trick. I am sure somebody in line is all pissed off about it but I am just trying to alert anyone with their head stuck in a phone that it is time to start paying attention.
If I can actually see that the non-mover is busy with a phone, there is noting subtle or polite about the way I use my horn.



A mind is a terrible thing.
 
Posts: 18765 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
If its proper to use your horn, its also proper to keep it blowing until the jerk moves. No toot, toot, but a loud and constant blaring. They have offended and need to be embarrassed over their conduct. Yes, anyone held up by them sleeping, yacking or whatever is the proper person to call them out.


Unhappy ammo seeker
 
Posts: 16273 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Sgt Neutron
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
If its proper to use your horn, its also proper to keep it blowing until the jerk moves. No toot, toot, but a loud and constant blaring. They have offended and need to be embarrassed over their conduct. Yes, anyone held up by them sleeping, yacking or whatever is the proper person to call them out.


http://realtrainhorns.net/shop...oduct&product_id=164

Pricey, but WILL get peoples attention. You may need to put on some haring protection before hitting the button.
 
Posts: 1329 | Location: Washington (State) | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I'll see arfmel's point about not getting started and raise it those people that hit the brakes mid-turn. It never fails, the person in front of me finally decides to go; I'm making a nice, smooth turn while accelerating; and right at mid-turn the person in front of me hits the brakes. What are they thinking? Is it, "Oh no, oh no, OH NO, I'm going a whole 10-15 mph and turning, IT'S TOO FAST, I MUST HIT THE BRAKES!"?
 
Posts: 4041 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt Neutron:

http://realtrainhorns.net/shop...oduct&product_id=164

Pricey, but WILL get peoples attention. You may need to put on some haring protection before hitting the button.
Costs more than my car, but worth it!



A mind is a terrible thing.
 
Posts: 18765 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty patient nowadays but will lay on the horn if there's someone holding up traffic because they're babbling on their phone or texting.



十人十色
 
Posts: 1324 | Location: Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They're looking at a whole bunch of nothing on their precious little phone.

In the Spring and Fall, when people's car windows are open, I sometimes ask people if they want a nipple to put on their phone.

They act like a baby with their bottle, so all they're missing is the nipple for it.

I have no tolerance for this shit and I will lay down on my horn when they pull this rude, stupid shit. I have no patience with dullards. These idiots, incessantly staring at their phones in a trance-like gaze are everywhere and I have no tolerance for them.


____________________________________________________

If a politician found he had cannibals among his constituents, he would promise them missionaries for dinner. - H. L. Mencken
 
Posts: 84305 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
My Garmin GPS emits an annoying little chirp when traffic in front of me starts moving after the light turns green.

Of course if I'm the first in line at a traffic light, that doesn't happen.



A mind is a terrible thing.
 
Posts: 18765 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Swap out factory horns with Hellas.

https://www.amazon.com/HELLA-0...keywords=hella+horns



He possess great skills.
 
Posts: 8858 | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
If I am more than 3 or 4 cars back from the light I honk my horn as soon as the light turns green. Just a gentle tap, nothing too obnoxious, but it seems to do the trick. I am sure somebody in line is all pissed off about it but I am just trying to alert anyone with their head stuck in a phone that it is time to start paying attention.
If I can actually see that the non-mover is busy with a phone, there is noting subtle or polite about the way I use my horn.


Same here if I see it.

But I don't wait to see anyone looking down or not moving. I launch a preemptive strike before it becomes an issue.




Georgia Carry Member Calguns Foundation Member Second Amendment Foundation Member NRA Lifetime Member

Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets. -bionic218 04-02-2014

 
Posts: 12851 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of OMCHamlin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
It never fails, the person in front of me finally decides to go; I'm making a nice, smooth turn while accelerating; and right at mid-turn the person in front of me hits the brakes. What are they thinking? Is it, "Oh no, oh no, OH NO, I'm going a whole 10-15 mph and turning, IT'S TOO FAST, I MUST HIT THE BRAKES!"?

Fundamentally, it's because people are just STUPID, and Darwin is too damn backed up to get to them...
 
Posts: 566 | Registered: September 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
I got 2:

First is the guy in front of you that requires about 20 car lengths before they'll actually turn causing you to get stuck at the light.

Second is the guy who'll approach the light at 10 miles an hour under the limit and then gun it through a yellow, leaving you stranded yet again.





Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.
 
Posts: 5431 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of BrianC
posted Hide Post
I hate the ones who approach traffic lights with the mortal dread that they stay green.


________________________

Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing.
 
Posts: 11109 | Location: Here. Now. | Registered: August 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I add more Horn, because they are all making love to their phones and acting like the next Facebook / Instagram / whatever post is going to complete their lives.
 
Posts: 39555 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OMCHamlin:
Fundamentally, it's because people are just STUPID, and Darwin is too damn backed up to get to them...


That may be the most succinct explanation of the problem that I've ever seen. Bravo.




Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.
 
Posts: 10887 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People who lollygag at traffic lights

© SIGforum 2018