SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    QT employee slammed my finger in a cabinet door - OUCH!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

QT employee slammed my finger in a cabinet door - OUCH! Login/Join 
posted
Stopped by QT to fill my Hydroflask as I usually do and started chatting with another customer. Still not 100% sure what happened but I set my flask down, rested my hand on edge of counter and next thing I know it feels like the tip of my finger is being crushed. I quickly pulled it back and utter some choice words as it hurt like a mother.

Accidents happen but here is what got me more pissed than the actual injury. The employee offers no apology or asks if I am OK, instead he says "I thought I told you to look out" then scurry's off and hides. Then, when i get to the register I ask that employee for his managers contact info and he says he does not have it but tells me I can go into the bathroom and get a comment card...WTF!!!!!

I left and immediately contacted corporate...I dont think it is broken but I want to talk to someone who can explain their piss poor training and handling of a customers injury.

BTW, after all this they still charged me for my damn coffee!

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
That asshole's employment should be terminated. Absolutely no excuses for such behavior.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Btw, I would have remained right there and raised hell and demanded to talk to someone above the jerk. They have other people working there, right?

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Btw, I would have remained right there and raised hell and demanded to talk to someone above the jerk. They have other people working there, right?

I thought about it after I left and I should have but I have a witness...guy I was talking to is a print vendor who I throw jobs to so I kknow where to find him

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I might have considered that assault after his comments and hemmed him up a bit. There is usually a Cop around when I stop at the QT

Posts: 5301 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The guy I was chatting with just sent me an email asking how I was and went on to say how disgusted he was at the employees behavior so I will keep that chambered in case this turns into anything

Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Glad you're ok. So, what's a fingernail worth these days? Razz

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Glad you're ok. So, what's a fingernail worth these days? Razz

I am not a litigious person nor do I believe in making things bigger than they are...in this case, a simple apology, documenting the incident and maybe a free coffee (they still charged me) would have been a good start. If there are/were any medical bills then there is that too.

So far no one from corporate has reached out so we will see what tomorrow brings

l

posted Hide Post
Businesses have insurance coverage for customers having accidents on property.

Having said that, I would have DEMANDED for someone to fetch the QT manager to begin paperwork to cover any medical expenses.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
He retreated to the safe space...

Sorry for the owie, hope it heals quickly and you get the desired resolve. Smile

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
You let him smash your finger and not knock him on his ass!
Then he goes and hides,I think its too late to do anything at this stage,opportunity is lost for justice or an apology.
I am serious here,we have to stand up,least that is the way I have always lived.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
There's a video somewhere in that store.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Ok, I’ll bite. What is QT?

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

Ok, I’ll bite. What is QT?
Quick Trip.

It's sort of like this:

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
...tells me I can go into the bathroom and get a comment card...

I'm sorry this made me laugh. Frown
That person has no business interacting with customers. A simple, "Oh, man I'm sorry" would have gone a long way. So many people take zero responsibility for their actions.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
QT is the nicest/cleanest corner store there is. I love that place, but the way they acted is not ok. Seems like an apology and a “hey that coffee is on us” would go a long way in that situation

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am surprised to hear that. I live in northeast Oklahoma just a few miles from the corporate headquarters. QT is the go to convenience store in the area and is known for it's quick, courteous service. I guess they screwed the pooch on this one? In fact on numerous occasions I have commented to others that their business model is such that they could teach others about how to run a successful business.

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gutpile Charlie:
I am surprised to hear that. I live in northeast Oklahoma just a few miles from the corporate headquarters. QT is the go to convenience store in the area and is known for it's quick, courteous service. I guess they screwed the pooch on this one? In fact on numerous occasions I have commented to others that their business model is such that they could teach others about how to run a successful business.

Yep, they’re the Discount Tire of the gas/convenience store world. Very surprised to hear this.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
What is QT?

Posts: 45330 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
What is QT?

V-Tail explains five posts up.
Quick Trip. Sort of like a Kwik-E-Mart.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post