SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    AMAZON, UPS, USPS... Time travel.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AMAZON, UPS, USPS... Time travel. Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted
I'm starting to see the problem, it's not incompetence, it's a time and space issue!

I saw this about 9AM. No wonder, they were unable to deliver it into the future!

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Well, the USPS has to plan doing a shitty job, it doesn't happen on it's own.

I had a package delivered Saturday the 11th that showed on it's way from an Atlanta hub since July 1st.

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Well, the USPS has to plan doing a shitty job, it doesn't happen on it's own.

Hahaha shitty jobs like this take skill. I like it

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm starting to see the problem, it's not incompetence, it's a time and space issue!

I saw this about 9AM. No wonder, they were unable to deliver it into the future!
The delivery vehicle is a DeLorean.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Amazon 2 day service is about 7 day service now. They are slow to ship and the deliveries - especially USPS has slowed down as well. I think twice before I order now.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
And the USPS will lie to you on top of their stellar service.

I have tracking showing my package as being accepted by my city Post Office on 7/6 - a week ago.
I called today to ask what the story was.
They insist that the package is actually still with UPS in Springfield MA.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Amazon next day for me turned out to be not-next-day Mad

Order some stuff yesterday that was supposed to be here today but at 6pm got an email saying my order was delayed, even though it was showing as being loaded for delivery, so after 30 minutes waiting for a customer rep on Chat, was told that my order was rescheduled for Tuesday - I told them to cancel the order.

Quite frankly my orders through USPS & UPS have actually been on schedule but I've had more delivery issues with orders that have been shipped through Amazon Logistics. By the way, they gave me a generic china-virus reason for the delay.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:

my orders through USPS & UPS have actually been on schedule but I've had more delivery issues with orders that have been shipped through Amazon Logistics.
AMZL is probably the worst delivery service there is.

I receive all packages at The UPS Store. The location where I have my account handles hundreds of packages every day. The manager at that store tells me that they have more complaints about AMZL in one day, than they have about UPS, FedEx, and USPS combined, for a week. She tells me that many of the AMZL drivers have difficulty speaking English.

Twice this year, I have had to drive over somebody's lawn in my neighborhood to avoid being hit by an oncoming AMZL truck that swerved into my lane while the driver was staring at a cell phone or tablet.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably sent from a different time zone which wasn't factored into the application.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I'm telling you, time travel. It's the next big thing in online shopping.

The good news is, despite me placing the order on the 28th and them finally shipping it on the 12th, they still think they can get it to me by the 8th. So I go that going for me.

(yesterday it said it shipped several days ago and had already been delivered (to my post office I assume)

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
The USPS tracking said my package arrived at one of their facilities in NY on 12/10. It left the same facility on 12/11 and then again today.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Is this really high shipping volume? As in more than last year and atypical? Or just normal volumes and just less people working?

I'm guessing latter. I've had two USPS items stuck in OH for whatever reason. Usually priority express is about 3 days across country - this time it's 10 days. Yet UPS delivered as expected, in fact 1 biz day earlier than typical and as expected from similar region (KS vs OH).

I'm actually thankful of our local UPS / USPS teams -- they seem to provide a level of service that seems atypically better than many other areas.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I had an Amazon package shipped via USPS. Got a notification from Amazon that it had been delivered - it had not been, and I looked everywhere three times.
It showed up the next day (I saw the mail carrier bring it).
So the USPS marked it as delivered the day before they actually delivered it.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Yeah that’s what happens with that sure post, shipped to Post stuff, It shows delivered the day it gets to the post office, not the day it gets to you. I assumed that’s what was going on with this package , showing it was delivered a couple days ago, I assumed it was sitting at the post office waiting for Sunday to get delivered, which happens a lot. But now it’s changed to showing that it just shipped. (Whereas before it said it was shipped and had arrived)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Is this really high shipping volume? As in more than last year and atypical? Or just normal volumes and just less people working?

I'm guessing latter. I've had two USPS items stuck in OH for whatever reason. Usually priority express is about 3 days across country - this time it's 10 days. Yet UPS delivered as expected, in fact 1 biz day earlier than typical and as expected from similar region (KS vs OH).

I'm actually thankful of our local UPS / USPS teams -- they seem to provide a level of service that seems atypically better than many other areas.

In a word: yes.

You factor all of the "normal" stuff for holiday shipping at this time of year with people buying more online because of COVID and potential staffing issues at every level of the process because of quarantines and short of a fuel shortage, I don't know what you could add to make it worse.

I live rural and run a small business out of my house so I do a lot of shipping and receiving. I have had a handful of issues (there are still a couple SF members waiting for stuff they bought at the end of November), but I will say that given all of the things going on, the error rate is lower than it could be.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it's a combination of things. Higher volumes due to declines in brick and mortar business, the Holiday rush, folks out of work by design (awaiting the next stimulus gifts). I also think there are some who have utilized the COVID driven events to be lazy and not care about what level of service is provided to the consumer.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Looked at USPS tracking info today for an update.

It left Livonia, Michigan last Wednesday the 9th, around 10pm. Having been to Livonia a couple times before, I know it’s about a 5 hour drive, depending on traffic around Chicago.

It stills shows that it will be arriving on the 14th (yesterday), although it’s arriving late, so the delivery time was extended to 9pm (like 18 hours ago).

It’s a soft case for a pistol of mine, so it’s not like I’m waiting to wrap it up as a gift for Christmas or anything.
Just hard to imagine a 5 hour drive turning into a more than 6 day trip.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
quote:
it’s arriving late

i have the dreaded it’s arriving late notice i thought usps was done tripping over basement bidens fake ballots

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
When they say "it's arriving late" they sure aren't kidding.

I got my soft case in the mail today, the 22nd, 13 days after it was shipped from a town that's 5 hours away...

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post