SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    USPS “Carrier unable to gain access to front door.” UPDATE #2
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USPS “Carrier unable to gain access to front door.” UPDATE #2 Login/Join 
Too old to grow up now
Picture of George85019
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:
Someone said they give the mail guy a case of beer. How do they do that? Mail it to him? Surely he can't have it in the truck at the station? Do they box it up or wrap it so they can't tell what he's toting?

Since you asked, here's my little secret. Now, don't tell anyone.....

I go to the Supermarket across the street and purchase a gift card for the amount of the case of beer. Then, follow me now, I give the gift card to the Mailman a few days before Christmas and he goes and buys the Beer with the gift card I paid for to give him.

Isn't that slick!!!

Next week, I'll give you instructions on how to buy USPS stamps.

Hey thanks, I appreciate that! How much is a case of beer?

NO SIGnature

Posts: 2050 | Location: London, OH | Registered: January 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
My local postmaster will actually deliver my packages personally now after the continuing fiascos I've had.

She personally delivered my watch yesterday and know where to hide the package.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
Our 2 different drivers are both great. They will come up 900' of steep gravel driveway, toot the horn a couple of times and leave packages in my rocking chair on the porch. I'm usually around somewhere and manage to catch them, say hello and thank them.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3811 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Well I had got another occurrence Friday. An expected package was "held at post office by customer request" Total complete bull shit. No such request made. They delivered it the next day with no intervention from me.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well I had got another occurrence Friday. An expected package was "held at post office by customer request" Total complete bull shit. No such request made. They delivered it the next day with no intervention from me.

Sounds familiar. Must be number three on list of excuses. You know just tell the truth. It would be better if the excuses were more creative and believable.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Trophy Husband
Picture of C L Wilkins
posted Hide Post
If the USPS provided such a good service then there never would've been a need for a UPS, FedX, or DHL.

CW

Posts: 3200 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I saw this article today:
https://www.aol.com/article/fi...L-v5mUBHF7eHN9TpsWaQ

"Postal workers claim they're being forced to fake package deliveries"

"Fox 13 first reported the problems last week, starting with frustrated residents in Herriman. Several people said they noticed the Riverton Post Office kept scanning packages as delivered, but the packages would be MIA."

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Union trash faking deliveries to get unearned bonuses.

Typical union corruption.

Every carrier that has faked a delivery needs to be fired immediately.

I'm not allowed to fake work at my job because it's a terminable offense, so they should be treated the same.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted December 02, 2018 03:08 PM Hide Post

I'm not allowed to fake work at my job because it's a terminable offense, so they should be treated the same.

This sort of thing must be in the Federal job playbook. The VA was pencil whipping the appointment schedule for veterans making it look like patients were being seen in a prompt fashion. I am not surprised.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Not just USPS. Last Tuesday I got a text notification that my Amazon order had been “delivered” left on porch by front door. Unfortunately it must not have been my porch or front door. Two days later it showed up. I guess whoever Fedex delivered it to, must have brought it by and left it. God bless them.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our rural carrier said packages are extremely heavy. They'll start delivering their route and have to go back to get packages and redeliver part of their route.

Sounds like the USPS has understaffed themselves.

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
posted December 02, 2018 03:08 PM Hide Post

This sort of thing must be in the Federal job playbook. The VA was pencil whipping the appointment schedule for veterans making it look like patients were being seen in a prompt fashion. I am not surprised.

Management, who would be the ones telling people to fake scans, aren't unionized. Craft employees get no bonuses, in any way shape or form.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
Our rural carrier said packages are extremely heavy. They'll start delivering their route and have to go back to get packages and redeliver part of their route.

Sounds like the USPS has understaffed themselves.

Some routes get so many packages now they won't all fit in the vehicle. Plus UPS, who bring the Amazon drop, show up after carriers are already on the street, or right before they leave. So we either wait for the clerks to throw the parcels, and start our routes later, or go back and get them later.
Most of the new hires quit.

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I use USPS guaranteed delivery and it shows delivered when it really isn't. Posted as delivered, but either in the truck or back in sorting.

However the concept of guaranteed delivery isn't grasped as a contract to do what has actually been payed for.

If there is someone altering status at a computer workstation and that is their job, then the USPS is blatantly committing fraud.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to grow up now
Picture of George85019
posted Hide Post
Well, the same day my USPS package was undeliverable due to unable to access door, another package from Amazon got “lost in the mail!” What a surprise huh? Amazon refunded on that one. I finally got my rifle, USPS called said supervisor spoke with the carrier about complaint. Translation nothing happened, wink, wink!
Truly, if it weren’t for junk, bulk, mail USPS would have been gone under years ago!

NO SIGnature

Posts: 2050 | Location: London, OH | Registered: January 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Well, my guaranteed today delivery turned into "delayed" after hitting the Atlanta hub.

However I paid for today. They claim there is NOTHING they can do.

We took your money and now we laugh at you for not using an actual reliable carrier, but the union bosses thank you for contribution to our Christmas bonuses.

If they claim "undeliverable" because of "nobody answered door" or something equally inane, I have my security footage of the carrier driving to the mailbox and putting in the regular hate mail.

If I call before closing hours, the post master will run it to me herself if I call and complain.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
package from Amazon - junk, bulk, mail USPS would have been gone under years ago!

Amazon packages are bulk mail. They're drop shipped from UPS, who fuck up all-the-god-dammed-time. And that's part of why the USPS is "going under", they're treated like they're more important than 1st class mail, but Amazon pays a bulk rate.

Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Well, my guaranteed today delivery turned into "delayed" after hitting the Atlanta hub.

However I paid for today. They claim there is NOTHING they can do.

We took your money and now we laugh at you for not using an actual reliable carrier, but the union bosses thank you for contribution to our Christmas bonuses.

If they claim "undeliverable" because of "nobody answered door" or something equally inane, I have my security footage of the carrier driving to the mailbox and putting in the regular hate mail.

If I call before closing hours, the post master will run it to me herself if I call and complain.

The only delivery's that are guaranteed are "Express Mail". If an express is late, you get a refund.

posted Hide Post
Speaking of the USPS....If I had not seen this myself I might not have believed it and it was one of those times I wish I had camera/phone on me.

Got home last night just as mail truck appeared to be wrapping up a clusters down the street so I sat in driveway and waited. When I head mailbox cluster slam shut I got out and started walking as did neighbor across the street. As the mail truck drove by us boxes started falling out the back onto the street. Luckily mail carrier stopped a few houses down for a package delivery so I pointed this out to him.

And people wonder how shit gets lost.

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to grow up now
Picture of George85019
posted Hide Post
I continue to have trouble with USPS. I'm not going to post about it all here. I have been on hold with USPS for over an hour now. I am cancelling USPS package delivery to our property. I will go to the post office 15 miles away to pick up our packages from now on. I will probably get a box at the PO for our snail mail as well. Done with these people!
Furthermore, I'm canceling my Amazon Prime membership, and will let them know why. USPS apparently doesn't want them anyway. Probably Trump's fault or something like that.

God I feel so much better already. Amazon has gotten to big for it's britches anyway, and I have been thinking of ditching them for some time now. It will do me good to get out of the country and out and about more anyway. Win Win. Big Grin

NO SIGnature